Thread: Inception

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Inception

This movie blew my mind. Wow. The smartest film I've seen in years, and incredibly "real" for all it's dream-like qualities. Highly recommend.

Blog Entries

I've heard good things from both critics and friends so I am definitely going to check it out.

Post an intro about yourself and then do some reading. You'll find lots of good knowledge and great people!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denver24 View Post
    I've heard good things from both critics and friends so I am definitely going to check it out.

Post an intro about yourself and then do some reading. You'll find lots of good knowledge and great people!

Where would I do those things? I've been looking around, but haven't exactly found a road map yet.
    Love what you smoke, and smoke what you love. ~~~:-`)

The Intro threads are in the Cigar section the forum. It's a good way to get to know those of us around here, and spares you a lot of Hell. I've noticed that anyone who doesn't introduce themselves that route gets a bunch of shit.

So stop, post an Intro, and let us know who you are. They people here are a great lot, and once we get to know you, you become just one of the guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrPlatypus View Post
    The Intro threads are in the Cigar section the forum. It's a good way to get to know those of us around here, and spares you a lot of Hell. I've noticed that anyone who doesn't introduce themselves that route gets a bunch of shit.

So stop, post an Intro, and let us know who you are. They people here are a great lot, and once we get to know you, you become just one of the guys.
    Thanks for the guidance. I'll do that post haste!
    Love what you smoke, and smoke what you love. ~~~:-`)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSasquatch View Post
    Where would I do those things? I've been looking around, but haven't exactly found a road map yet.

They're anywhere, basically. We don't have a formal introduction forum. However, being a cigar forum, it'd be nice to know a little about your background on the core subject.

People who should really catch heat are those who come in and immediately try to sell shit. You're not doing that so far, but still if you entered a party or a group of strangers, wouldn't you casually try to intro yourself to a few people and get acquainted?

I like your screen name. If so inclined, do a search and there's a thread for explaining them.

Reading this thread myself, you may already be in the process of doing all this.

Will

ETA: Maybe I'm trying too hard
    Last edited by badwhale; 07-20-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

One issue I had with this process of posting your intro first, is that it took several days for my first couple of posts to get approved. So as I went through the board and made comments, the comments showed up before the intro. Something for the board police to think about before giving a n00b a bunch of shit.

I liked this movie a lot. Enough that I might go see it again. If not, then I'll definitely rent it once it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD.

A lot of reviews I've read said it was really "smart" and maybe too "complicated" for the average viewer. I didn't think this was the case. They pretty much spelled out the rules in the first 1/4 of the movie via dialogue. You'd have to not be paying attention to not follow the movie. That being said, the ideas and visuals were awesome and really got me thinking how cool it would be to be able to do that.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSasquatch View Post
    This movie blew my mind. Wow. The smartest film I've seen in years, and incredibly "real" for all it's dream-like qualities. Highly recommend.
    Cool.

What kind of cigars do you smoke?

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information