Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inception

Blog Entries

Default Inception

This movie blew my mind. Wow. The smartest film I've seen in years, and incredibly "real" for all it's dream-like qualities. Highly recommend.

Blog Entries

I've heard good things from both critics and friends so I am definitely going to check it out.

Post an intro about yourself and then do some reading. You'll find lots of good knowledge and great people!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSasquatch View Post
    This movie blew my mind. Wow. The smartest film I've seen in years, and incredibly "real" for all it's dream-like qualities. Highly recommend.
    Cool.

What kind of cigars do you smoke?

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denver24 View Post
    I've heard good things from both critics and friends so I am definitely going to check it out.

Post an intro about yourself and then do some reading. You'll find lots of good knowledge and great people!

Where would I do those things? I've been looking around, but haven't exactly found a road map yet.
    Love what you smoke, and smoke what you love. ~~~:-`)

The Intro threads are in the Cigar section the forum. It's a good way to get to know those of us around here, and spares you a lot of Hell. I've noticed that anyone who doesn't introduce themselves that route gets a bunch of shit.

So stop, post an Intro, and let us know who you are. They people here are a great lot, and once we get to know you, you become just one of the guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrPlatypus View Post
    The Intro threads are in the Cigar section the forum. It's a good way to get to know those of us around here, and spares you a lot of Hell. I've noticed that anyone who doesn't introduce themselves that route gets a bunch of shit.

So stop, post an Intro, and let us know who you are. They people here are a great lot, and once we get to know you, you become just one of the guys.
    Thanks for the guidance. I'll do that post haste!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSasquatch View Post
    Where would I do those things? I've been looking around, but haven't exactly found a road map yet.

They're anywhere, basically. We don't have a formal introduction forum. However, being a cigar forum, it'd be nice to know a little about your background on the core subject.

People who should really catch heat are those who come in and immediately try to sell shit. You're not doing that so far, but still if you entered a party or a group of strangers, wouldn't you casually try to intro yourself to a few people and get acquainted?

I like your screen name. If so inclined, do a search and there's a thread for explaining them.

Reading this thread myself, you may already be in the process of doing all this.

Will

ETA: Maybe I'm trying too hard
    Last edited by badwhale; 07-20-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Uncle Tupelo

I want to see this movie , but my wife informed me Regis Philbin said it sucked.
    So, I guess the 70yr old nozzle ruins my good time.
    I have to wait for DVD.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

One issue I had with this process of posting your intro first, is that it took several days for my first couple of posts to get approved. So as I went through the board and made comments, the comments showed up before the intro. Something for the board police to think about before giving a n00b a bunch of shit.

I liked this movie a lot. Enough that I might go see it again. If not, then I'll definitely rent it once it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD.

A lot of reviews I've read said it was really "smart" and maybe too "complicated" for the average viewer. I didn't think this was the case. They pretty much spelled out the rules in the first 1/4 of the movie via dialogue. You'd have to not be paying attention to not follow the movie. That being said, the ideas and visuals were awesome and really got me thinking how cool it would be to be able to do that.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I want to see this movie , but my wife informed me Regis Philbin said it sucked.
    So, I guess the 70yr old nozzle ruins my good time.
    I have to wait for DVD.
    Screw Regis... ;-]

The good news is, I think it'll translate well enough to the small screen. But I really enjoyed it big. BTW, my wife said the same thing about the A-Team, but it had nothing to do with Regis. She just pulled the "Veto" card.

Quote Originally Posted by TravPSU View Post
    I liked this movie a lot. Enough that I might go see it again. If not, then I'll definitely rent it once it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD.

A lot of reviews I've read said it was really "smart" and maybe too "complicated" for the average viewer. I didn't think this was the case. They pretty much spelled out the rules in the first 1/4 of the movie via dialogue. You'd have to not be paying attention to not follow the movie. That being said, the ideas and visuals were awesome and really got me thinking how cool it would be to be able to do that.
    That would be the COOLEST...

But I agree completely. It's not so complicated that you can't follow along. Maybe it just seems that way to some of these reviewers because most movies lately are so 1-dimensional, that when something comes out that actually has a brain, it seems "complicated." It's certainly, how should I say, engrossing, but compared to most of the fluff coming out of Hollywood lately, I'll take it.

12. Default

I thought the movie wasn't that "smart" but it was interesting. It wasn't hard to follow and made since. It was kind of like the Matrix except I don't think there will be an Inception 2. If you haven't seen the movie it is worth the rent and it is the best movie I have seen in 2010. I thought the special effects were some of the best I have ever seen, I hope they do the same thing for boondock saints 3, it would be awesome with special effects. I am Lou by the way. I will introduce myself.
    Last edited by lgabrick; 09-27-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Blog Entries

Hey Lou, welcome to CSmokers!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

14. Default

This movie was amazing. Probably better than The Dark Knight (the writer / directors last movie), and I was the first person that said, "there's no way this will be better than Dark Knight..." Also, is it me or does Nolan (the director) love to make his Supporting Actor awesome??? First it was Ledger, and now the Joseph Gordon-Levitt...
    Last edited by Indyartist; 10-11-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    What's in a name? A (cigar) by any other name would smell just as sweet!
    Always looking for a funny status for Facebook.

Blog Entries

I thought it was eerie that Ledger and Gordon-Levitt look so much alike....

Didn't know anything about that movie when we went to see it a few weeks ago. We're still talking about it.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Saw this movie the other night and it was decent, though I think Matrix 1 was much better. The plot idea is fantastic, but I think they could have done a much better job portraying it. Probably would have been better to try and stretch it into a 2- or 3-part film series. The ending was predictable. Best scene was the hotel fight during the van roll-over - that was a well-executed, fresh idea. I'll watch the movie again (which is rare - so that is saying something).

Also watched the Facebook movie about a week ago. Man, that movie sucked.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Funny, I watched Inception last weekend. I thought it was pretty good, but I'm entertainment devoid, so it doesn't take much to entertain me.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Funny, I watched Inception last weekend. I thought it was pretty good, but I'm entertainment devoid, so it doesn't take much to entertain me.

Will
    Maybe I was expecting better because of everyone who told me it was such a great movie. [shrugging smiley]

I don't care for Leo either, so that might have been a factor.

-Buzz
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

We saw that movie in the theater. We didn't know anything about it all. I like how it ended, and the movie itself. The more we thought about it, though, the more certain inconsistencies presented themselves.

I don't know about Matrix 1 being better. Keanu really bugs me.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Maybe I was expecting better because of everyone who told me it was such a great movie. [shrugging smiley]

I don't care for Leo either, so that might have been a factor.

-Buzz
    After being forced to sit through Titanic with a lady friend when it hit VHS I was so not a fan of Leo's either. The guy didn't look old enough to have to shave and they were trying to pass him off as this travelled, worldy 30 something guy......he looked like whatshername's little brother.......

Anyhow, I thought he did ok in this movie. For a change I saw the character and not Leo.

I liked the movie. It was a novel idea and it was filmed, and I think directed, very well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    We saw that movie in the theater. We didn't know anything about it all. I like how it ended, and the movie itself. The more we thought about it, though, the more certain inconsistencies presented themselves.

I don't know about Matrix 1 being better. Keanu really bugs me.

LOL - I'm two for two on this thread. I'm not a big fan of Keanu's either. He's so stiff and 2 dimensional I call him "stick boy" (as in he acts like he has a stick up his........)

Luckily for him, Matrix didn't demand a whole lot of acting (standing around in a long black leather trenchcoat and dark glasses trying to look badass worked well with his innate stiffness) so he enjoyed the first one quite well considering.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information