Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inception

Blog Entries

I agree about Keanu. I liked the plots of both of these movies very much, but I think the Matrix did a much better job of putting it on screen.

I know for sure that I am not dreaming right now, but I am only 30% sure that I am not in the Matrix.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    The guy didn't look old enough to have to shave and they were trying to pass him off as this travelled, worldy 30 something guy......
    He reminded me a lot of Robert Redford's character in Spy Game. I thought Juno did a good job in that movie, too. Loved watching the van fall in the river for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Matrix didn't demand a whole lot of acting (standing around in a long black leather trenchcoat and dark glasses trying to look badass worked well with his innate stiffness) so he enjoyed the first one quite well considering.
    No kidding - it didn't require a whole lot of plot, either. A recurring theme throughout the film was - "We're running out of time". 3 fucking movies later, and they're still "running out of time". Animatrix was way better.
    I did like Keanu in Point Break, however - I still love that movie.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

I never even heard of this movie until two days ago when I watched it at Gary's house. Even when I posted in this thread a while back, I didn't even know what the guy who started the thread was talking about.

Anyway, I thought the movie was excellent. So when I get home, I tell my wife "Hey I saw this great movie called 'Inception'" to which she promptly gets pissed because she wants to see it because she loves the Titanic guy I told her I'd be willing to see it again because Tom (thinde from the boards) was watching it along with Gary and me and he said he got more out of it the second time then the first because it is indeed a hard movie to follow in the beginning.

I give it two thumbs up.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-24-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I rented this flick a few weeks ago. I thought it was pretty good. Great original idea for a story. Leo is a bit hokey for me to take seriously, but he did alright I guess. I really liked the idea of a "kick" to wake up. I'm sure most of us have had that sense of falling jerking you out of sleep. That was smart on the writer's part. I'd probably watch it again. As CC stated, it's one of the movies that you probably missed something the first time around.

Yep...great flick! I enjoyed it so much that I saw it twice in the theaters, which I don't believe I've done before.

Thread Information