Thread: From Bud to Harvest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default From Bud to Harvest

I thought I'd start a new thread since the first one is getting a little overloaded with photo's. I hope at least a couple of you are enjoying this little project, I know that I am.

Here's the crop as it looked this morning. Keep in mind that the majority of these were set in the ground on 12 June.....about 6 1/2 weeks ago. As you can see by the 3' fence in the background, the tallest plants have exceeded it and are approaching the 4' mark. The majority of the plants are between 2 1/2 ' and 3'.

Florida Sumatra:
    These plants remain vigorous and continue to grow skyward. The leaf production looks good, however, my choice of location is turning out to be counter-productive. The cedar trees immediately to the north of these plants, while providing good shade, sheds serious amounts of debris that wind up on the leaves. To what extent this will mar the leaves I dunno, however, since the intended use of these is for wrapper material, any damage to the leaves is bad.

The lone Argentina. I intended to use this leaf as a component of the filler or possibly a binder leaf.

Long Red Leaf.
    I'm extremely pleased with the growth and leaf production of this variety. As you can see, the bud is flowering and the leaf production appears to be very nice. Of the two specimens, I will allow one to flower and have removed the bud from the other. We'll see how pronounced the difference is between them from here.

Supplemental planting of LRL:

Small Stalk Black Mammoth.
    As with the Long Red Leaf, only one of these will be allowed to flower. The leaves on these plants are just freaking huge already. Unfortunately, I left my sheet with the dimensions on it in the car . I'll either come back and update this post with them, or just measure them again this weekend.

Here is a bud forming on the black mammoth. This one will remain, the other was removed.

And the supplemental SSBM planting:
    Last edited by ashauler; 07-28-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Those are great looking plants Jamie you must have the "green thumb"

Blog Entries

I've been silent, but I for one have been enjoying the posts / progress on this whole project. They do look great.

Green thumb, yes. Green foot, probably not. actually, I hope not!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

They are good looking. From the title I was worried we would have to ban you for posting photos of "other stuff" you were growing.

Why don't I see the pics?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    Why don't I see the pics?
    Hmmm, I don't know Ed. The album is set to public, so you should be able to see them I think. Anyone else have problems?

Thread Information