Thread: From Bud to Harvest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I've been silent, but I for one have been enjoying the posts / progress on this whole project. They do look great.

Green thumb, yes. Green foot, probably not. actually, I hope not!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

They are good looking. From the title I was worried we would have to ban you for posting photos of "other stuff" you were growing.

Why don't I see the pics?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    Why don't I see the pics?
    Hmmm, I don't know Ed. The album is set to public, so you should be able to see them I think. Anyone else have problems?

Now I see them (post-friending). Odd.

Blog Entries

Default The harvest was begun

this morning. I had several leaves of the Long Red Leaf that were starting to color up so I decided to go ahead and harvest the first priming from the two plants from the original planting of 12 June, 7 weeks ago.

I picked this sand leaf off one of the plants a week ago and hung it similar to those above. Making good progress on curing it out in just that week. There is still a significant tinge of green on the edges of the leaf, and the main stem is still very moist and pliable, it will be a couple of more weeks before it reaches the proper stage for fermenting. This was just an experiment to see the effects of hanging them on the fence. Looks like it would work, but I most likely will hang the bulk of the leaves in the garage to dry.

Blog Entries

Here are the standard photo's of the crop. As you will notice, many of the leaves are starting to turn yellow on the edges....ready to be harvested. The only variety that seems to be behind is the Florida Sumatra. They don't appear to be coloring up and thickening along with the other plants and the leaf production is not nearly as vigorous as the other plants. These started off the best and grew the fastest of all the plants.....confusing as to what went wrong with the volume of leaf produced.

Florida Sumatra

Argentina

Long Red Leaf original planting....the lower leaves of these plants were harvested this a.m. The largest leaff on this plant is 29" long by 20.5" wide. The flowering plant is 5' 10" tall to the top of the flower. The privacy fence in the background is 6' tall.

2nd planting of Long Red Leaf. It's interesting to note, that these leaves are ripening right along with the original planting.

Small Stalk Black Mammoth

Supplemental planting SSBM

Thanks for looking.

Thread Information