Thread: From Bud to Harvest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Calcium deficiency, huh? I'll make a note on that for next year. I know several of the leaves I harvested had "hooded". While I hope I'm able to spot them during this curing phase, the chances of me getting past the curing phase at this point in life is unrealistic.
    The Calcium can be handled through feeding during the growing season and need not be done with soil modification per se.....though that would work too.

Ya know, theoretically, you can put the color cured and completely dried leaves in a brown paper bag and they will continue curing with the passage of time. Just have to kinda look at 'em once in a while for mold. It will take much longer (months) for the tobacco to be smokeable, but that would give you plenty of time for cupcakes, diapers and supermodels.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Hopefully, you'll even want to do it again next year!
    I've already ordered some seeds from the gov't and am planning the soil test and amending for this fall.

I doubt I'll do a thread on it though.

Wow nice project, is there a special way to make the leaves special such as "marinading\seasoning" for taste\flavors?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zywiec View Post
    Wow nice project, is there a special way to make the leaves special such as "marinading\seasoning" for taste\flavors?
    Yes, there are many ways to "process" tobacco.

Thread Information