Thread: Bourbons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Hey CC,

I agree with most of what you said. You need to sample the Knob Creek again though. Toss a damn ice cube in it, ya damn curmudgeon. Or at least a whiskey stone.

Cool note on the Blantons. Don't throw away the stopper. Take a look at it. There's a letter on the bottom left behind the horse. The horse and rider are in a stage from standing to full gallop. (I'm doing this from memory, so the stages may be incorrect) There are a total of 8 different stoppers. Each with a different letter, and stage in going from standing to full gallop.

I'll give you one guess as to what the letters spell out. Pretty cool.

I actually just bought my brother a display for the bottle and stoppers. It's made from a half of the bottom or top of one of their charred whiskey barrels. They also send the wood shavings from the drilled holes for decoration, or (what I would use it for) smoking some meat on the Egg or grill.

Hope all is well!

ETA Just realized I quoted your post from Aug. Not the most recent. Above still stands....
    Yeah, I know about the letters on the stoppers however, quite a few of the Blanton's customers do not though so thanks for mentioning it.

I have three bottles so far and each time I buy one, I make sure the letter on the stopper is one I don't already have. I heard an urban legend that one of the letters is supposedly hard to get. I also don't know if there are two different figures on the "N" since "BLANTON'S" is indeed eight letters but only seven unique letters. I guess I just have to pay real close attention to the Ns, LOL!

Bourbon has been my primary drink for a better part of this year and I have to say, the Hancock Reserve is my all around favorite. Bourbons are like cigars, they're all different from one another and one day I may be in the mood for the Elmer T. Lee (90 proof) and another day, I may want a lighter one like the Two Star. Overall though, my "go-to" is the Hancock Reserve.

EDIT: The Elmer T. Lee is 90 proof, not 107 as I posted incorrectly the first time, musta been drinking too much bourbon at the time, LOL!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-19-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information