Thread: Bourbons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I had a shot of pappy 15 yr old. Nothing to build a golden temple over but good bourbon.
    From what I read and hear, the 15 yr old is supposedly the best of all five. They are:

10 year
    12 year
    15 year Reserve
    20 year Reserve
    23 year Reserve

so you had the best of the best!

I think you summed it up the best Kevin:

Nothing to build a golden temple over but good bourbon
    In my very limited experiences as on the previous page, the Pappy's 12 year is indeed my favorite but I don't understand all the hype. There are fanatics out there that would lie, cheat, steal or pay four figures for this stuff and I just don't get it.......

A long time ago on CigarPass, I was involved in a Cigar Pass started by a guy named Tom aka "Toaster." He put a special treat shot of cognac in the pass box for each participant. Turned out is was Remy Martin Louis XIII which now, goes for $2,800.00 a bottle. At the time, I was a huge cognac fan, regularly drinking all levels of Remy, VS, VSOP, XO, Millennium and finally the Holy Grail of Remy Martin, the Louis XIII.

Yep, that Louis XIII was the best cognac I've ever had but is it 28 times better than the XO which I can get for $100.00? No way but damn it was GOOD and I'll never forget Tom for offering that to us, what a treat!

In closing, $100.00 for Pappy 12 yo bourbon is a far better deal than Remy Martin XO for about the same price, IMO. Cognac is good but I think bourbon is better.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 08-23-2016 at 10:51 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information