I did a search for this and it didnt yield me much results so i decided to start a new thread. I have a small built in shelf unit in my spare room. I plan on taking out the drawers for a stainless mini fridge. The top portion is going to be a bar with hanging glassware and im thinking it would be a perfect place to put a nice built in humidor with a glass front. My question what are the important tasks a humidor does. My thoughts are being air tight, holding a consistent humidity and temp. Im still pretty new to the cigar world so if i missed something in the above sentence please let me know. My thoughts are to build a cedar box. Will cedar from Home Depot be ok for this? Then i can make a plexy glass door that will seal. I would like to to put a light in it as well, i may just use a battery powered LED strip that i can just stick to the top to make install easier. I already have one Cigar Saver puck, i was thinking i will just buy another one and add a hydrometer so i can keep an eye on things.

Please give me you suggestions and opinions, and thanks in advance for the replies.

Here are a few pics of the area i will be working with.

This is my current set up. Its homemade and small but gets the job done for now.