Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Cigarsmokers FFL-Keeper

Default 2010 Cigarsmokers FFL-Keeper

2010 Fantasy Football-Cigarsmokers.com League

Alrighty folks, 2010's NFL season is just over a month a way. I've renewed the league and had yahoo send out invites to the members who are still around and were in the league last year. Below you will find the league info. The draft is tentatively set for Wednesday, Sept. 8th at 8:45pm EDT. Money has to be in by that day, otherwise I get to draft your team and have fun doing it. Paypal (26.05, this will result in me getting 25.00 after the fee is removed), MO if I don't know you. If I know you, those 2 or a personal check. PM me if you need my address. My paypal is sean at small-fish.com

The league is open to all members, but veterans of the league and board get first dibs (and I define veteran of the latter). I'm hoping to get 12 teams this year, we had 10 last year. We can also decide on the total playoff teams if we get 12 teams for the league, maybe we up it to 6 teams.

Returning managers, I have to know by August 20th whether you'll be back. Whether you do this by registering on yahoo for the league again via the league e-mail sent out, or whether you post here. Either way, August 20th. After that, the league fills in queue order.

If it is 12 teams, the buy-in is 25 dollars. If it is 10 teams, the buy-in is 30 dollars. All of the money goes towards buying the prizes at the end of the season. REMINDER: DONT send money till we know how many are in the league. The cigars will be from a special island and I will buy them. 1st place gets to choose the cigars. In past years, depending on prices, we've gotten a whole bunch of cigars.

The prize break down is:
    1st: 50% of cigars
    2nd: 2/3's of the other 50%
    3rd: 1/3 of the other 50%
    Best regular season record: prize pack from my humi

Keeper Rules:

You get to keep 1 player from the previous season (though you don't have to) if you were a participant. That player will count as your first round pick. This will all be done manually and I will keep the keeper list safe and sound until next September's draft. Even though last year I said we could trade keepers for 1st round picks. No, that's out, I've decided it'll be too complicated as the commissioner to watch over all that and I don't have the time. So, your keeper is yours, that's it. I will need previous managers to submit their keeper by Sunday, September 5th. You will only be allowed to keep your keeper for one season, then they're thrown back into the pool. Also, the draft will always be random snaking.

For those who leave the league and do not return, new managers will have no keepers.

Players:
    BigMacFU
    CgarDan-unpaid
    Slcraiders-paid
    HeftySmokes-paid
    Geoffrie-paid
    Sidewinder-paid
    EGQ-paid
    Daigz-paid
    Droz-paid
    Ashauler-paid
    Ndv21-paid
    Richard-paid

Note: Depending on how many guys return to the keeper league and if there are 16-18 guys total who want to play fantasy football, we could run two leagues. One for the returning keeper league and another one. I would then have one of the veterans of the board, but not the keeper league, who's interested, like Ashauler, run the new league. For consistency, it'd have the same rules, just no keepers yet.

Here are the league settings, minus the password. FOGs/BOTLs. The password has changed this year, so y'all will have to pm me those who are returning.

League ID#: 299895
    League Name: Cigarsmokers.com League
    Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....e/cigarsmokers
    Draft Type: Live Draft
    Draft Time: Wed Sep 8 8:45pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
    Max Teams: 12
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Can't Cut List Provider: None
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 1
    Trade End Date: November 20, 2010
    Trade Review: Commissioner
    Waiver Time: 1 day
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Weekly Waivers None
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
    Divisions: No
    Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
    Fractional Points: Yes
    Negative Points: Yes
    Offense League Value
    Completions .5
    Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 500 yards 25 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 500 yards
    Passing Touchdowns 6
    Interceptions -2
    Sacks -1
    Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions 1
    Reception Yards 20 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 250 yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 250 yards
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Yards 30 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -2
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kickers League Value
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -3
    Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -2
    Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
    Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -.5
    Point After Attempt Made 1
    Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defense/Special Teams League Value
    Sack 2
    Interception 2
    Fumble Recovery 2
    Touchdown 6
    Safety 4
    Block Kick 2
    Points Allowed 0 points 10
    Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
    Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
    Points Allowed 14-20 points 2
    Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
    Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
    Points Allowed 35+ points -4
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 09-12-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Even though I jumped the gun on the post (sorry about that) I'd love to join up with this league if there is a spot open! Let me know if you can accept an extra manager!

3. Default

Just throwing my name in the hat, if there is any space.

Quote Originally Posted by Daigz View Post
    Even though I jumped the gun on the post (sorry about that) I'd love to join up with this league if there is a spot open! Let me know if you can accept an extra manager!
    You weren't jumping the gun. I know some of you football guys start planning as soon. As the superbowl is over, so no worries. I'll put you guys in the queue. If there's enough demand, say 16 teams. I could run two leagues, 8 in each, have one of the vets as commish of the other. Obviously that one would be no keepers yet.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thanks, Sean. All registered here.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Updated thread with manager queue for those waiting to get in and managers (returning) that have signed up their teams. For those guys in the queue, I'm going to give it until August 20th for returning guys to sign up again. After that, I'm opening it up to you guys whether they come back late or not. So, for all you veterans, get on it if you want in again.

Updated with:

Note: Depending on how many guys return to the keeper league and if there are 16-18 guys total who want to play fantasy football, we could run two leagues. One for the returning keeper league and another one. I would then have one of the veterans of the board, but not the keeper league, who's interested, like Ashauler, run the new league. For consistency, it'd have the same rules, just no keepers ye

Looking at my sorry ass team from last year, I do not want any of those dudes as first round material. Do we have the option to forego our keeper and pick up another available player as the first pick instead?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Looking at my sorry ass team from last year, I do not want any of those dudes as first round material. Do we have the option to forego our keeper and pick up another available player as the first pick instead?
    Lol. Nope. Keeper has to come from your roster. So, you'll just have your first round pick available.

Another thing i just thought of. Do we want to change from random draft order to reverse standings order from last season given that we're a keeper league now? It would work by putting returning managers in reverse 2009 standings order and then adding any new managers to the end of that order randomly. Just say yay or nay below. I'll add this issue to the 1st post.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 08-05-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Sounds like fun. I'd like to throw my name in the queue please.

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post
    Sounds like fun. I'd like to throw my name in the queue please.
    You are in the queue.

I also added the prize breakdown.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 08-06-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Reminder, don't send money till we have the total number of managers, which will be by august 20th.

We're at 11 guys right now with Queue. So if we get the 4 other returnees plus one more. We'd have enough for two 8 team leagues.

Update: yahoo will allow me to put in keepers, but it forces me to use the "Custom Draft Order" then. Therefore, we will still achieve a random draft order by having a third party board veteran pull names out of a hat. With this version of random draft order, we'd know our draft positions before the draft. Yahoo's auto-randomization occurs 30 minutes before the draft time and doesn't allow for keepers. This will actually work out better because I know some people may change their keeper pick based on draft position and how many returning managers and their respective keepers we have.

Also, for Geoffrie's and Dan's team, I just used your top player as your keeper just to test the system. I can change it whenever you want.

Also, the Queue is now less EGQ and daigz because last season we only had ten teams. This season we clearly have enough demand for 12, so first 2 guys are automatically in. Should have realized earlier.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 08-10-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Just realized the link in first post wasn't working. It's fixed.

3 days till the queue opens up and it looks like we'll only have 6 returning managers, unless there's a last minute rush to come back. So, we should have a league of 12.

Blog Entries

Hey gang, so whats the next step on this? Its my first FFL

I'm on my iPhone so I can't edit the first post right now conveniently. So just know all 4 left in the queue move into the league.

So,

Droz
    Ashauler
    Ndv21
    Richard

welcome to the league. I'll give more instructions once you're registered in the league by posting a commisioners note in the yahoo league page.

Because we have 12 managers it'll be a 25 dollar buy in this year.

Are you ready for some football? Oh, and to lose to me?
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 08-22-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Blog Entries

BigMacfu,

Sent you a PM

I've decided to use this website to determine draft order, it takes me 5 minutes and doesn't waste anybody else's time.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

Thread Information