Gispert Cigars are another classic Cuban brand resurrected in name, and now offered by Altadis. This moderately-priced line features Honduran and Nicaraguan fillers and a Nicaraguan binder, and the Maduro version has a medium-brown San Andreas Maduro wrapper. I selected the Lonsdale (6½x44) in this blend. The line is all-pressed, this vitola sharply so, with a solid roll and a smooth veinless wrapper, and the 5-pack as reviewed has rested 17 months.

The initial flavors of this cigar are an earthy sweetness, with a creamy café mocha flavor over a nutty background. The draw is tight but passable from a full cut, but the smoke volume is full and mellow. The burn is even and straight, and the salt-and-pepper ash is small but well formed.

By mid-way, the flavors darken slightly, and take on a lightly roasted character, but retain their earthy sweetness. This pattern continues to a slightly bitter, somewhat pasty flavor on long slow burn, longer than its size would suggest. The finish is toasted and sweet.

I rate this cigar 8.5. It’s well-made and has a highly enjoyable flavor profile up front, but the flavors fall off sooner than I would hope. But overall, this is a pleasant mild smoke, and certainly affordable too.