Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello CS from Idaho

Welcome from Lancaster, PA. My cousin moved to Lewiston a couple of years ago.

Sorry to hear about your house. Hopefully that will get squared away.

Blog Entries

Nice intro. Cool ashtrays. What kind of wood is that? I dabble in woodworking, but would not be able to create anything like those. Do you treat the wood in a way so that the cigars won't burn your ashtrays?

Welcome from Hell.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Those are some beautiful ashtrays! I would be afraid to use it though...

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Nice intro. Cool ashtrays. What kind of wood is that? I dabble in woodworking, but would not be able to create anything like those. Do you treat the wood in a way so that the cigars won't burn your ashtrays?

Welcome from Hell.
    Thanks for the kind words. The large one was bubinga. It was a special request from a BOTL. The smaller one was a piece of hard maple that I did a few different things to to give it a distressed look. It was a bomb that I sent out to a BOTL that had just relocated. When I ran low on sticks, I'd bomb the heck out of folks with ashtrays. They hit pretty hard too! I did a lot of trade work which really helped to build our stock of cigars. Of course then we smoked them all!

Edit: I just seal the wood then I'd use either Formby's or mineral oil. Something available nationwide so the user could use the same finish when needed. We don't crush out cigars, so we never get the burn marks in the trays. Just wipe them out after use and once in a while hit them with a little of the oil to spruce them back up. If any ever got a bad burn, a little sanding could fix it back to new. Never had that issue though.
    Last edited by GolfNut; 08-12-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer a question

Nice trays.

Welcome from NH

Thread Information