Thread: Humidor Damage

Unhappy Humidor Damage

My lovely wife bought me a nice Humi. Years ago. She also shortly after that bought herself an English Bulldog. Now before you guys tell me to shoot the dog and sell the wife, bear in mind she did buy me the Humi, but one day when she wasn't watching the little guy he managed to get away and use 3 of the four legs on the humi as a chew toy and knawed about a quarter inch mark into them. I was wondering if there was anyway I can sand this down fill it in re finish it with out doing the whole Humidor or do I just have to deal with the blemish.

Thanks in advance.

C
    "We on the Level Meet, Upon the Square we Part; May Truth, and Love, and Friendship Sweet Pervade each Brother's Heart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by czerbe View Post
    My lovely wife bought me a nice Humi. Years ago. She also shortly after that bought herself an English Bulldog. Now before you guys tell me to shoot the dog and sell the wife, bear in mind she did buy me the Humi, but one day when she wasn't watching the little guy he managed to get away and use 3 of the four legs on the humi as a chew toy and knawed about a quarter inch mark into them. I was wondering if there was anyway I can sand this down fill it in re finish it with out doing the whole Humidor or do I just have to deal with the blemish.

Thanks in advance.

C
    It sounds like you should be able to, but without pics, this thread is useless.

It sounds like only aesthetic damage has been done to the humidor, and not to it's humidifying capabilities, correct?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Correct the damage is on the outside so I'm not worried about the cigars but its a nice piece in our living room. I will try and post some Pics later I'm at work now so maybe when I get home I can.

Thanks anyway.

C
    "We on the Level Meet, Upon the Square we Part; May Truth, and Love, and Friendship Sweet Pervade each Brother's Heart.

Blog Entries

Just cut off all the legs just above the damage. Problem solved.

It'll depend if it's solid wood or not. If solid, it can definitely be sanded/rasped out and refinished but what you're left with might not be asthetically pleasing. You can always use wood putty to fill any gaps and spaces or make a paste with sawdust and wood glue. Furniture repair is easy. It's making it look like it wasn't repaired that's the tought part

Thread Information