Thread: *Newbie Questions* May I pick your brain for answers?

1. Default *Newbie Questions* May I pick your brain for answers?

Ok, I'm new to cigar info. I do love me a cigar and knowing what makes one cigar better than another would be great info to know. Please allow me to pick your brain.

One question I have is what really contributes to one cigar being better than another? I mean my brain says just where the tobacco is from. But besides that im clueless.....

Please load my brain with cigar knowledge I dont want to walk around with no info sounding like an idiot.

Even if its one random fact please post something for me.

Welcome to the forums.
    There are many of factors to what make up a "good cigar", and what I might like you may despise. It's a learning process, and you'll be learning for a long time to come.
    Now go and post an introduction so we know who you are, use the search function, and understand we all have very different tastes, so what tastes good to me might taste like moose shit to you.

But definitely, post an introduction, because I like to be able to introduction myself in a much more proper context than this. :)

You will get your information, just read, smoke, and pay attention. You can't go wrong if you follow those three general rules.

3. Default

sorry, and i have made an introduction post, but it appears that it has been removed..

sorry again

4. Default

Honestly use the search function . Been smoking longer than a few of you been alive and I will share any knowledge I have but I am way past answering basic questions.
    The older I get ,the better I was

If you enjoy the cigar, it's a good cigar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trenthull View Post

Even if its one random fact please post something for me.
    Despite what we think, a polar bear's fur is not white. Each hair is actually a clear hollow tube. Polar bears look white because each hollow hair reflects the light, just like it does in a bowl of sugar.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Fascinating.

8. Default

I always compare smoking a cigar with drinking a good glass of Pinot. Take your time with it, savour it and try to think of words and images that it conjures up within you. That may sound a bit wish-washy, but smoking should be a pleasure, not about facts. Dont let other smokers intimidate you with their knowledge. Just quietly learn from them, but at the end of the day, decide for yourself what is good and what isn't. Its a very subjective thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcgahey View Post
    I always compare smoking a cigar with drinking a good glass of Pinot. Take your time with it, savour it and try to think of words and images that it conjures up within you. That may sound a bit wish-washy, but smoking should be a pleasure, not about facts. Dont let other smokers intimidate you with their knowledge. Just quietly learn from them, but at the end of the day, decide for yourself what is good and what isn't. Its a very subjective thing.
    Also fascinating.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Despite what we think, a polar bear's fur is not white. Each hair is actually a clear hollow tube. Polar bears look white because each hollow hair reflects the light, just like it does in a bowl of sugar.
    And their skin is black to absorb sunlight to help keep warm.

That the night sky is dark is proof that the universe is not static and infinite.

Thread Information