Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humidor Question

1. Default

Hams is worse than bad. I was stationed in that part of the world a couple of times. From what I remember, Linenkugel was pretty good and a lot folks there drank a beer called Old Style. I understand that too is owned by Pabst now. When I was a very young sailor, I went to Milwaukee on liberty and told the bar tender I'd like a local beer. He looked at me kind of funny and said, " Son, they're all local beers". Not the dumbest thing I've ever said in bar, but pretty close. You don't owe me anything, George. I'm sure that Schiltz will once again be distributed in New England and I'm pretty sure I can wait for that day to come.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Give this a try...cubancrafters.com. When I got my first humidor it was from them and was as a package deal coming with cigars with it but you can get just the humi by itself. It was a smaller 25 count but they have larger ones too, also with or without cigars and they're not priced too badly either way.

Btw, everybody is right with suggesting a collerdor...it didn't take me long at all and I pulled the trigger on building one. Now I have two 60 counts and a coolerdor for all my box purchases and overflow.
    Last edited by MemphisFred; 09-24-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: added something
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Hams is worse than bad. I was stationed in that part of the world a couple of times. From what I remember, Linenkugel was pretty good and a lot folks there drank a beer called Old Style. I understand that too is owned by Pabst now. When I was a very young sailor, I went to Milwaukee on liberty and told the bar tender I'd like a local beer. He looked at me kind of funny and said, " Son, they're all local beers". Not the dumbest thing I've ever said in bar, but pretty close. You don't owe me anything, George. I'm sure that Schiltz will once again be distributed in New England and I'm pretty sure I can wait for that day to come.

Doc
    I was going to suggest the Linenkugel Octoberfest (because it's not "officially" a German beer, it's spelled differently) - that's my absolute all time favorite beer. I didn't think you'd know what a Leinie was...

...and that's the best way to show ignorance in Milwaukee - ask them for a local brew! The state is best known for its cheese - but the best kept secret is all of the brews that come from there. If you can find 'em - I'd also suggest Sprecher's. They make the absolute best root beer anywhere - but an even better line of small craft beers.

Thread Information