Thread: Intro

1. Default Intro

Hello all,

I was looking for an intro section on this site, but this seems to be the place everyone places their intro threads, so I'm here following suit.

I live in Cleveland, Ohio, work as an IT Consultant, I love a good Jameson and Ginger Ale and I've been smoking Black & Milds for just over two years now. I recently decided to graduate to big boy cigars so I've come here to mostly get some advice. There's a pretty decent cigar shop around here called Cousin's Cigar and the shopkeep pointed me towards a cigar called Romeo and Juliet when I told him that I was a cigar newbie. It was ok, but I definitely wasn't impressed.

I'll definitely be partaking in that newbie sampler within the next week or so, but in the meantime, I was hoping to get some recommendations. My favorite Black & Milds were always the wine variety if that provides any insight.

Regards, BlueShell

Welcome to the forum From South Carolina.

As a new smoker you may want to stay with the milder cigars and slowly move up to the full bodied cigars.

It seams that your more in to the infused/flavored cigars so let me throw a suggestion out to you.

Isla del Sol by Drew Estate, its a mild coffee infused cigar that is inexpensive.

If your wanting to move away form the flavored cigars then i would suggest trying a Carlos Torano Casa Torano.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

welcome to the forum from Jacksonville, Florida.

It sounds like you've done some research before posting, I give you a for that! Newb sampler is a great way to start out. Read the reviews, there are a lot of them on here.

Welcome from western Oregon. Another Drew Estate, the Tabak Especial Negra, is also coffee-infused and tasty.

I'm new as well, and personally I've found the darker cigars more pleasing. I think the balance shifts away from the pure tobacco flavor, which has been my preference.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from Eastern Oregon. Do try the newbie sampler. Get a multitude of different sticks and try em. Your personal taste for cigars are going to be different than anyone else. I have been smoking for 2+ years and there are so many different ones to try that you will spend a lot of time (and money) trying different ones. Hope you find ones you like. I like CAO, Padron, A. Fuente, and many more. Give em a try. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Welcome from W. Tennessee.

As Daigz said, it appears you did do some research, so big for that and thanks for posting an intro.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Welcome from NW PA.
    Like Roger said, the best way is to try some out, and see what tastes good to you.

Cool avatar man.
    Welcome to the forums from Eastern Washington State.
    And the newbie sampler is the way to go....I'm even in the process of doing one just so I can expand my horizons.

Enjoy your stay.

Default Re: Intro

Welcome from the Big Blue! Smart man on doing the newbie sampler. You should get a good selection of sticks that will knock your socks off!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

10. Default

Welcome from NC

Welcome from the hot as hell state of AZ!

I opted into the Newbie Sampler not too long ago and got a huge variety of tastes and sizes. Totally the way to go for us n00bs!

12. Default

After a quick sweep of the forums, I wasn't really able to find a beginner thread... does such a thing exist?

I'm looking for a heavily abridged "Cigars for Dummies" if you will. Just definitions of some terms, a few recommendations for each variety of cigar, definitions of different varieties, definitions on the grades given in the review section, etc etc.

If this thread isn't already in existence, I think it'd be a great idea to create and sticky somewhere. Could even be a small community project.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShell View Post
    <snip> a heavily abridged "Cigars for Dummies" if you will. <snip>
    Cigars good. Smoke them, find out which you like. Hang around, and you'll learn the terms.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information