Thread: Tobacco Preferences

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Tobacco Preferences

So, I'm gonna have some extra space in the tobacco patch next year and I'd like to grow some pipe tobacco. I'm not a serious pipe smoker, so I'd like to here what kind of tobaccos you guys prefer.....straight tobacco, not aromatics....and why.

Do you like shag cut or cake? Roll? Flake?

I'll have room to grow about 2 or 3 varietes, maybe 10 plants of each variety. So tell me what you like in your pipe tobacco.

I'll tell you what you can shove in your pipe...
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

3. Default

I prefer Va/Per and straight Burley...I like flakes.

4. Default

Red Virginia, which is probably the most popularly grown tobacco. It's used in a lot of blends. It's probably a good starting place and there's an incredible amount of info out there.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

I'm not a pipe pro, but I have been enjoying Hal o' the wynd, which the tobacco reviews site says is a red Virginia Perique flake. But I also loves me the aromatics too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tdre977 View Post
    I'm not a pipe pro, but I have been enjoying Hal o' the wynd, which the tobacco reviews site says is a red Virginia Perique flake. But I also loves me the aromatics too.
    Perique is difficult to make. It takes a minimum of 1 year fermentation under high pressure and high moisture content. I don't think that will be an option for me at this point.

Thread Information