Thread: Cigars Feels Soft?

1. Default Cigars Feels Soft?

I have been buying boxes of a cigar called isla del sol its a coffee infused cigar. The cigar is a Toro 6x50 in size. My question is the cigar it self just feels alittle soft light its not packed real tight. the tobacco it not coming out of wrapper, just feels somewhat soft. I dont remember them being soft like that, maybe i just never noticed it. The cigar lights ok and i get a pretty good draw, so im not sure if thats just the way they are. I have a few cigars in my humidor that are alot harder, maybe its just the type of cigar???? My humidor is at 69 and 69. Also, if this is not normal, can i do anything about it? leave them sit outside humidor, open humidor lid, ect...

Appreciate any suggestions!! Steve

2. Default

Hey Steve,

Unfortunately I can't answer much as to whether or not that's normal, but I am curious what you think of those? I've heard of coffee infused cigars but have never tried one.

Thanks and if I come up with anything to help you out I'll pass it along.

Blog Entries

If they smoke fine, and you like them, why is it an issue?

I admit it I still smoke the isla del sol and Java's every now and then.

Over the past few years i have gotten a few boxes that have been softer than normal.
    Not a thing you can do about it but smoke them.

The coffee infused cigars are not bad for early mornings with coffee when you don't feel like something stronger and the sweetened cap seams to add to the taste if you like you coffee with cream and sugar.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Yesterday I had a Connecticut Camacho and it was also really soft. I smoked it the day I bought it. I just always thought a softer cigar just meant it was really, really fresh. That and the tobacco was not aged very long at all.

Granted those are just the misguided thoughts of a new cigar smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Yesterday I had a Connecticut Camacho and it was also really soft. I smoked it the day I bought it. I just always thought a softer cigar just meant it was really, really fresh. That and the tobacco was not aged very long at all.

Granted those are just the misguided thoughts of a new cigar smoker.
    Yes.

I once was marvelled by an Illinois State Trooper that opined he could tell exactly how many times a car rolled by the amount of crush on the cars roof.

Understand - the crash reconstruction community has never found any scientific evidence to support his opinion, but I gotta give him his due - he really stuck himself way out there with his opinion, and caught the attention of many others in what he said!

...but I'm not the kind that would like that kind of attention. That's just me.
    Last edited by ggiese; 11-03-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Blog Entries

So, my theory is totally wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    So, my theory is totally wrong?
    There's no doubt - It's a "theory", all right!

Thread Information