Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Davidoff Family of Cigars

Blog Entries

Default Davidoff Family of Cigars

I am new to the forums, as you can see, my name is Xavier. Nice to be on here.
    I'm a huge Davidoff fan. I am only 21, just a kid, and I have not smoked a cigar more than 30 times, but I am a huge Davidoff fan. I have had several of thier cigars, the new Avo Heritage and I am saving an Avo Limited Edition '10, a Winston Churchill Spitfire and their Merrakesh. I even got my hands on a Zino Platinum Grand Master I've loved all the things Davidoff has put out. Can anyone give me a comprehensive list of all the companies owned by Davidoff?

The ones I know of thus far:
    Davidoff
    Avo
    Zino Platinum
    Zino Classic
    Winston Churchill
    Griffin
    Camacho
    Private Stock (May not be a true brand, just something I saw on Davioffmadison.com)

PS: I appologize if this is not the right area.
    Last edited by Xavier; 11-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Blog Entries

I hope you enjoy your stay, or not, suit yourself.

Since you don't know how to use a search I've helped you out.

Here's a link...

http://www.davidoff.com/davidoff/

I went to www.google.com and typed in "Davidoff Cigars" and came up with the actual website for them. I know, crazy to think that they have their own website.

Before posting something next time please take a moment and do some research yourself, I will not be as pleasant helping you with simple shit again.

Blog Entries

I have used their website before. If you read the post, you would see that I did infact use a Davidoff website. Thats how I found out most of those brands are part of the parent company. I have used quite a number of resources to hunt all of those down. But, that does not mean that is the full extent of the family tree.

Take Camacho for instance. Davidoff bought that brand less than a year ago, and their affiliation is not even mentioned on the website. Same with Private Stock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I am new to the forums, as you can see, my name is Xavier. Nice to be on here.
    I'm a huge Davidoff fan. I am only 21, just a kid, and I have not smoked a cigar more than 30 times, but I am a huge Davidoff fan. I have had several of thier cigars, the new Avo Heritage and I am saving an Avo Limited Edition '10, a Winston Churchill Spitfire and their Merrakesh. I even got my hands on a Zino Platinum Grand Master I've loved all the things Davidoff has put out. Can anyone give me a comprehensive list of all the companies owned by Davidoff?

The ones I know of thus far:
    Davidoff
    Avo
    Zino Platinum
    Zino Classic
    Winston Churchill
    Griffin
    Camacho
    Private Stock (May not be a true brand, just something I saw on Davioffmadison.com)

PS: I appologize if this is not the right area.
    While that's nice and all that you're a new smoker, and have found Davidoff to be your favorite, I would recommend branching out and trying a lot of different smokes. You seem enthusiastic about this new hobby, so why not explore?

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I have tried a few others. My dad is an Aruto Fuento man. I had a few of those. I was not too big a fan. I need to try their Hemmingway line, though.

I liked the Ambos Mundo cigar by Garcia and Garcia. I want to try their "My Father" brand.

I am just a broke college kid though, and I dont wanna spend money on a bad cigar.

Try the Millenium series, they are fantastically awesome!

Personally I'd start with a Davidoff sampler, especially if I haven't tried all their lines yet.
    Yay! Cigars!

I have tried a few others. My dad is an Aruto Fuento man. I had a few of those. I was not too big a fan. I need to try their Hemmingway line, though.

I liked the Ambos Mundo cigar by Garcia and Garcia. I want to try their "My Father" brand.

I am just a broke college kid though, and I dont wanna spend money on a bad cigar.
    If you're a "broke college kid", perhaps you should think about how to best spend your money. Sticking with Davidoff cigars is probably not the best path to be on...

Blog Entries

Seriously. I'm doing pretty well for a college student and I still haven't been able to justify the cost of just one Davidoff.

For the cost of the Davidoffs you would probably be better served to get a Newb Sampler. It will allow you to try a bunch of different sticks and manufacturers for a fraction of the cost. The FOGs on the site really do take pride in their samplers, trust me, I did it when I started!

Blog Entries

As soon as I save up the money, I will be sure to do so.

I'm curious about what you've tried in the Arturo Fuente line of cigars - and why you might not have liked them. Anything you'd care to share?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I'm curious about what you've tried in the Arturo Fuente line of cigars - and why you might not have liked them. Anything you'd care to share?
    One of the Cubanitos. It was far too spicy and harsh. As for the other thing I tried, I couldn't tell you the name, but it had the same effect as the little cubanito.

One of the Cubanitos. It was far too spicy and harsh. As for the other thing I tried, I couldn't tell you the name, but it had the same effect as the little cubanito.
    A wise man once told me that, for some strange reason, "five" is a good number. Taking that advice - I'd say you need to try at least five different cigars from a product line before you should write it off.

Try the Don Carlos or the Hemingways (Naturals are nice, but I like the Maduros better). I believe you will have a different view of the "spiciness" or "harshness" of the Fuente line.

Blog Entries

I will definitely try the Hemingway.

I will definitely try the Hemingway.
    There ya go, sparky. I'm glad you did not wait to hear from five others that you should try them.

17. Default

You have not smoked more than 30 cigars - and you are already set on a single brand? Go to your tobacconist and get some variety. Try new smokes when they come out. Ask the store owner to recommend some smokes based on your preferred flavor profile. Branch out.

There are so many excellent smokes that are much less expensive than Davidoffs. When I was a complete newbie I went to a nice tobacco shop and noticed that the owner was smoking a very expensive Padrón 1926. As we were chatting I remarked that I couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on a cigar. His response? You don't need to. He proceeded to walk me around the humidor and recommend some cigars at 1/6th the cost. I found almost all of them to be excellent smokes. I appreciated his honesty and am now a regular in his lounge.
    Last edited by Nathan King; 11-08-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries

I liked Ambos Mundo by Garcia & Garcia.

I am willing to branch out, but I dont wanna spend money on a bad stogie.

Once I get the cash, I will be getting into a good sampler from one of the guys. I cant wait.

I liked Ambos Mundo by Garcia & Garcia.

I am willing to branch out, but I dont wanna spend money on a bad stogie.

Once I get the cash, I will be getting into a good sampler from one of the guys. I cant wait.
    It's inevitable - you will spend money on a "bad stogie".

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan King View Post
    You have not smoked more than 30 cigars - and you are already set on a single brand? Go to your tobacconist and get some variety. Try new smokes when they come out. Ask the store owner to recommend some smokes based on your preferred flavor profile. Branch out.

There are so many excellent smokes that are much less expensive than Davidoffs. When I was a complete newbie I went to a nice tobacco shop and noticed that the owner was smoking a very expensive Padrón 1926. As we were chatting I remarked that I couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on a cigar. His response? You don't need to. He proceeded to walk me around the humidor and recommend some cigars at 1/6th the cost. I found almost all of them to be excellent smokes. I appreciated his honesty and am now a regular in his lounge.
    Give this man a cigar!!! Very sage advice!

Thread Information