Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Costa Rica cigars

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    "Yesterday I put the Cigars in the mail. There is a tracking # RR 028 850 032 CR. This number will only register in the US postal sytem after the package clears Costa Rica, clears US customs and is enter into the post office computers. Expect it in 2 weeks or maybe a little more."

-PM from 11-11
    Fred,
    You were fourth and I have to draw the line somewhere. I decided to send you the one cigar consolation prize. The tracking number will work when the package enters the US postal system. I must first clear US and CR customs, etc. # RR 028 850 342 CR
    You will receive:
    1 Fundacion Ancestral Pinar del Rio 1941 Churchill: From Tabacos de la Cordillera. This is a Costa Rica Puro. Ring guage, etc is on the website.

Haven't received anything yet either.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Each Saturday I check to see that all the deliveries have been received.

For reasons that are not clear to me, everything I sent out between 11/8 and 11/10 does not show up in the US postal system. Everything I sent after up until that has been received. All the packages I have sent out between 11/11 and 11/22 have already been received.

I will go down to the Correos de Costa Rica by Wednesday and try to find out why. I will not succeed, and just receive shrugs and smiles from the management.

Have they been stolen? Lost? Stuck in Customs? I do not know. I have sent packages to England that only took a week and a half. Packages I sent out on 11/22 were received in th US on December 2nd. I want to give this two more days to see if they appear.

I apologize for the delay. Every one will hear back from me by Thursday. Either they are found by then or I will send new ones.

Mike

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by costaricacigarstore View Post

For reasons that are not clear to me, everything I sent out between 11/8 and 11/10 does not show up in the US postal system. Everything I sent after up until that has been received. All the packages I have sent out between 11/11 and 11/22 have already been received.

I will go down to the Correos de Costa Rica by Wednesday and try to find out why. I will not succeed, and just receive shrugs and smiles from the management.

Have they been stolen? Lost? Stuck in Customs? I do not know. I have sent packages to England that only took a week and a half. Packages I sent out on 11/22 were received in th US on December 2nd. I want to give this two more days to see if they appear.

I apologize for the delay. Every one will hear back from me by Thursday. Either they are found by then or I will send new ones.

Mike
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

The cigars arrived today.
    The box was destroyed but cigars made it some how.
    Ill let them rest for a while.

Last edited by Mangyrat; 12-08-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    The cigars arrived today.
    The box was destroyed but cigars made it some how.
    Ill let them rest for a while.

Maybe it went through O'hare, and the Feds were pissed they WERN'T from switzerland?

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

My order form Switzerland is late

Blog Entries

I got an attempted delivery notice that my neighbors had been holding onto yesterday. I'll drop by tomorrow to pick it up.

On a side note, our mail delivery personnel are worthless. Address says apartment 6? We'll just try 7 instead. Close enough. Happens all the freakin time.

8. Default

You're gonna get a letter from Uncle Sam. My future brother in law is a criminal attorney...Just in case.

So are my cigarettes from Kazakhstan. I think the new laws will hold up everything from overseas.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Mangy,
    The Adrian's is a very good cigar IMHO. Nelson sent me one about a year ago.
    I enjoyed it very much. Very distinct taste.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I got myesterday, and the box was pretty banged up, but the sticks are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by costaricacigarstore View Post

Mike

What about us Canadian cigar smokers?

I hate to be a pest but you didn't respond in any fashion. Not even to say, "Sorry, not going to happen"

Some response (even a negative one) would be nice..........................

I should mention, while I don't own a cigar store, oddly enough, I know a fellow who does. He has contacts with all the major Canadian distributors and I'm sure could help get you into the Canadian market by pointing you towards the correct people to speak to (ie: Canadian distributors) if you are interested in expanding throughout all of North America. Just a thought.........
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 12-09-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: needed to add something...
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63
    What about the Canadian market?

Believe it or not, there are cigar smokers up here too!

How about sending the first 3 Canadians who respond (ok, 4, just like you did for our US bretheren) a sampler??

Just a thought........
    Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I hate to be a pest but you didn't respond in any fashion.
    Then stop, I'm sure he read the first one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Mangy,
    The Adrian's is a very good cigar IMHO. Nelson sent me one about a year ago.
    I enjoyed it very much. Very distinct taste.
    It is still one of my favorite smokes.

I want to thank everyone for their patience.

Normally the shipments take between a week and a half and three weeks. This inatnace of a month or more to reach their destination is unusual. This has only occured with the 11/8 and 11/10 shipments. They must have sent them to the wrong country before they were redirected. (There is still one missing from those days that has not been delivered or been attempted to be delivered but I do not believe it was from this board.)

I am sorry about the condition of the box. I ziplock the cigars and wrap them in bubble wrap and they appear to have made it without damage. I have yet to receive news from someone that the cigars were damaged or destroyed in shipment.

I hope everybody enjoys them but please keep in mind that these cigars are coming straight from the source country I am sure that many of the cigars that get shipped it to the Port of Miami have a difficult journey as well.

Captain Blues,

I have shipped to the US, Canada, England and Russia. I will ship to Zimbabwe or Cambodia if someone places the order.

I do not know what percentage of shipments over all from all the cigar companies are successful into canada with out the dreaded notice of seizure notification. The few shipments I have sent have been successfull. My website is directed towards the US consumer, and all shipments meet US law without any taxes required. When I ship to other countries they are wrapped up as gifts and sent to Tio (Uncle) Captain Blues.

I have quickly looked into shipping to Canada for resale but I believe I would 9000 pieces of paper for each Province. I am waiting on the US TTB to approve my importation permit into the US first.

If I did not respond earlier I apologize but I usually only get the chance to read the cigar boards once a week.

Pura Vida!

Mike

PS.

For those Adrian's fans on this thread, I believe I have the lowest mail order prices for Adrian's on the internet. I do my comparison shopping once a month (I am over due), but if you find a lower price I will certainly consider lowering the prices at The Costa Rica Cigar Store.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    I got mine yesterday, and the box was pretty banged up, but the sticks are okay.
    I got mine Saturday, the box was rough too but my (1) one consolation stick arrived just fine.

Just a quick post to let you know i have not forgotten about the cigars.
    I have been way to busy lately to give them a fair review, ill get to at least one of them in the next 2 days.

2 days turned into weeks.

Ill get some time soner or later.
    I head out to work at 5am and dont get home till 6 or 7 most days, so have not had a hole lot of time to sit back and really injoy a good cigar.

Blog Entries

Just posted a review on the stick that I got.

Thread Information