Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Costa Rica cigars

Default Free Costa Rica cigars

Fellow smokers,

It has been pointed out to me that few people have had the opportunity to try the cigars available at The Costa Rica Cigar Store. It is time to change that. These lines are well received and reviewed in Europe but have no US sales locations.

The first three people that respond to this thread will receive 3 premium Costa Rica Cigars each in the mail. The only thing I ask of those who respond to this thread is that that are willing to provide an honest review of the cigars that they receive in the review section of the cigarsmokers forum.

If you are one of the first three to respond, please send me a personal message with a mailing address.

Pura Vida!

What the heck, I will jump.

Thank you for the offer.
    Last edited by mail man; 11-09-2010 at 02:03 PM.

You might want to contact Buzz and offer some up for the next mass review.
    If you don't want to go that way ill give them a try.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

I'd love to try 'em!

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Ok, so I'm number 4 but it's close enough to 3...cmon, I'd love to review them.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    +1

7. Default

Nice gesture

Damn step away for a few mins and look what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Excellent idea, that might be the real way to go.

Blog Entries

Never mind the "first three" that reply, send them to anyone who replies.

Here's my name and address:

Ben Dover
    63 Ridge Road
    Chaplin, CT 06235

My cousin Heywood would like some too:

Heywood Jablowme
    250 Bedlam Road
    Chaplin, CT 06235
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Ben Dover
    63 Ridge Road
    Chaplin, CT 06235

My cousin Heywood would like some too:

Heywood Jablowme
    250 Bedlam Road
    Chaplin, CT 06235
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

I sent three cigars each to the first three people and one cigar to the fourth person as a consolation prize. The tracking numbers have been sent in private messages.

Ben Dover and Heywood Jablowme will have to wait for another time. (I think I would call the credit card company if I received their orders and say "Are you sure their cards cleared? Really??" I think I would refund the money and not ship, but if their your close family I guess they would be used to this happening.)

I will investigate the mass reviews.

Pura Vida!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by costaricacigarstore View Post
    I sent three cigars each to the first three people and one cigar to the fourth person as a consolation prize. The tracking numbers have been sent in private messages.

Ben Dover and Heywood Jablowme will have to wait for another time. (I think I would call the credit card company if I received their orders and say "Are you sure their cards cleared? Really??" I think I would refund the money and not ship, but if their your close family I guess they would be used to this happening.)

I will investigate the mass reviews.

Pura Vida!
    Why are you so concerned about "the credit card company" if you're sending the cigars for FREE?

I'm definitely not giving you any money for your cigars since I have no idea what they taste like.

You come to a cigar board for the sole purpose of trying to market your cigars but you're only willing to give samples to three people? That's just plain fucking stupid.

Cousin Heywood and I only like maduros so send cigars to those two address, they'll get delivered don't worry your simple, little brain with what you think are made up names, okay sparky?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 11-12-2010 at 10:19 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Why are you so concerned about "the credit card company" if you're sending the cigars for FREE?

<snip>
    I took their response to mean they recognized the names Heywood Jamblowme, and Ben Dover to be a joke, and if an order was submitted to them (outside of this freebee offer), they would suspect a prank.

I mean no disrespect to you cousin Heywood. Ben, however, can be a mooch sometimes...

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Coventry,

Please note my responses to your questions.

Why are you so concerned about "the credit card company" if you're sending the cigars for FREE? ( Please note I said IF I received their orders.)

I'm definitely not giving you any money for your cigars since I have no idea what they taste like. (Most of the cigars I have tried, I have purchased first and was not given one for free. I would expect that most readers of this board have purchased most of the cigars they have tried the first time, whether on a whim or through a review. Thats how we all try new cigars, beers, whisky's, foods, candies, clothes, fruits, restaurants, computers, salad dressings, underwear, etc. Sometimes we get a freebee but most of the time we make a purchase. If you only smoke cigar brands that someone has given you for free first, then your smoking choices must be limited.)

You come to a cigar board for the sole purpose of trying to market your cigars but you're only willing to give samples to three people? (Yes. I make no apologies for giving cigars to three people instead of thousands. I have done the same on other boards as well and it adds up. I make no apologies for using a cigar board to advertise my products. So do many others, cheapercigars, etc. I have asked others for unbiased reviews. I am not not telling you how great they are or claiming they will be declared cigar of the century, as that is for each smoker to decide. I am advertising the fact that I have cigars that others do not.)

That's just plain fucking stupid. (If I was smart, I would be a doctor or a lawyer like my Momma told me to be and not a cigar monger.)

Cousin Heywood and I only like maduros so send cigars to those two address, they'll get delivered don't worry your simple, little brain with what you think are made up names, okay sparky? (I sent cousin Heywood and Bendover some cigars. The tracking numbers are UGOT2BKDING and LOSTINTHEMAIL. When they arrive, I will instuct your cousins with directions for where to shove them -- I mean I will provide proper storage recommendations that will ensure the maduros keep the proper color on their wrappers.)

Bueonos Tardes!

Quote Originally Posted by costaricacigarstore View Post
    Coventry,

Please note my responses to your questions.

Why are you so concerned about "the credit card company" if you're sending the cigars for FREE? ( Please note I said IF I received their orders.)

I'm definitely not giving you any money for your cigars since I have no idea what they taste like. (Most of the cigars I have tried, I have purchased first and was not given one for free. I would expect that most readers of this board have purchased most of the cigars they have tried the first time, whether on a whim or through a review. Thats how we all try new cigars, beers, whisky's, foods, candies, clothes, fruits, restaurants, computers, salad dressings, underwear, etc. Sometimes we get a freebee but most of the time we make a purchase. If you only smoke cigar brands that someone has given you for free first, then your smoking choices must be limited.)

You come to a cigar board for the sole purpose of trying to market your cigars but you're only willing to give samples to three people? (Yes. I make no apologies for giving cigars to three people instead of thousands. I have done the same on other boards as well and it adds up. I make no apologies for using a cigar board to advertise my products. So do many others, cheapercigars, etc. I have asked others for unbiased reviews. I am not not telling you how great they are or claiming they will be declared cigar of the century, as that is for each smoker to decide. I am advertising the fact that I have cigars that others do not.)

That's just plain fucking stupid. (If I was smart, I would be a doctor or a lawyer like my Momma told me to be and not a cigar monger.)

Cousin Heywood and I only like maduros so send cigars to those two address, they'll get delivered don't worry your simple, little brain with what you think are made up names, okay sparky? (I sent cousin Heywood and Bendover some cigars. The tracking numbers are UGOT2BKDING and LOSTINTHEMAIL. When they arrive, I will instuct your cousins with directions for where to shove them -- I mean I will provide proper storage recommendations that will ensure the maduros keep the proper color on their wrappers.)

Bueonos Tardes!
    I'm sorry, CC - he's got you by the short hairs with this response...

Blog Entries

So, did anyone ever get any cigars from this guy?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

No nothing yet
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

"Yesterday I put the Cigars in the mail. There is a tracking # RR 028 850 032 CR. This number will only register in the US postal sytem after the package clears Costa Rica, clears US customs and is enter into the post office computers. Expect it in 2 weeks or maybe a little more."

-PM from 11-11

What about the Canadian market?

Believe it or not, there are cigar smokers up here too!

How about sending the first 3 Canadians who respond (ok, 4, just like you did for our US bretheren) a sampler??

Just a thought........
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information