Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My son was born June 29th!

Default My son was born June 29th!

Nicholas was born June 29th at 11:29 PM! He weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz. and was 21 1/2 in. long! His mother did a wonderful job in delivering him and I am very proud of them both!

And yes, I handed out cigars with personalized bands!

I wish I could give some to everyone here, but I'd be broke and smokeless before I was through!

SFG75 Guest

Congratulations!. As a father of two, I can tell you that there is nothing that compares to having kids. Enjoy 'em at the littlest stages, they get big fast.

Once again, congrats.

congrats.

i will be posting about mine in about three years
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere,.....write that down" -Van Wilder

SFG75 Guest

Have you and yours kissed sleep goodbye yet? It won't return for about eighteen years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Have you and yours kissed sleep goodbye yet? It won't return for about eighteen years.
    And how would you know that" How old are your children? I know they're well short of 18, that's for sure.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

Congratulations, I do have children old enough to comment on the sleep issue. I say the sleepless nights last longer than 18 years. I am only 37 but as of last November I have a 19 year old daughter that worries her mother and I endlessly. I also have (1) 16 year old son and (1) 15 year old son they are a little easier on the sleeping issue so far. I can tell you, you will never quit worring about them if you love them. That is just the way it is.
    Jim

"If Guns Cause Crime, All Mine Are Defective." -- Ted Nugent

"Sure I have a permit. it's called the Second Amendment." -- Ted Nugent

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We already threw out all the undeseriable from our country, We sent'em back to England. -- Thomas Quigley (Tom Selleck - Quigley down Under)

congrats! boys are wonderful. mine will be turning 2 in a couple months. where do you get personalized cigar bands? so i know for my next one.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Thanks everyone!

He's not too bad on sleeping. It could be much worse. Regardless, newborns have to be fed and diapered at least twice during the night, so you have to learn to get your sleep in three to four hour chunks if we tag team. Since she's off work, she's taking the brunt of it right now. I was in the military, so I'm kind of acclimated to that sleep pattern anyway. I can fall asleep and wake up pretty rapidly. See! They told me all that training would come in handy some day!

CONGRATS!

My two boys recently turned 4 and 6 . . . it goes by fast be sure to enjoy every day.

As for loss of sleep, we never had much problem for the most part. Sure there are times when the baby/kids are sick but generally you will not have many problems.

I wish you well.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Congrats on the youngin'. They are truly a blessing!

Congrats. Enjoy every moment with him. My oldest is only 3 1/2 and the time has flown by.

Congratulations,

Ours is due on the 25th so anytime now really. Just making her lots of hot curries to speed the process up

congrats!!! I have 3 daughters ages 2, 5, and 8. Fatherhood is a great trip....enjoy it all!

I took ten days off to enjoy him as a newborn. I know it won't last long. This way, we could bond a bit and I could help my wife. The first year will go quick. They change every month!

Congratulations! I am childless (I have a stepson) but I love my two nieces to death, best of luck to you!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Congrats on the addition to the Fam. Take lots of pictures in the first few years because they really do change alot. It's always fun to look at a few pics and see how much different they are today.
    The only thing missing from my life is money and more Cigars.

Congratulations........ and yes they do grow up quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Nicholas was born June 29th at 11:29 PM! He weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz. and was 21 1/2 in. long! His mother did a wonderful job in delivering him and I am very proud of them both!

And yes, I handed out cigars with personalized bands!

I wish I could give some to everyone here, but I'd be broke and smokeless before I was through!
    Congrats...he shares a birthday with my son...did I say you could have that date too?

Congrats. Today my 15 yr old, 12 yrold and 9yr old return to school. Enjoy the time before he learns to say no. lol I'm sure the the expense to buy us al cigars would be extreme. Why don't you make a recommendation for the cigar and we can all get our own.
    Remember to breathe

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the thoughts!

He's already two months old and over 14 lbs. He knows how to smile, squeal, and coo. He's holding his head up, and he's learning to use his hands. Unfortunately, he mostly uses them to pull out hair by the roots, but I'm looking on the bright side of things. If he gets good enough at it I won't ever need to wax my chest!

Thread Information