I just wanted to share my first baccy pipe experiences with you guys (and girl).

I recently bought a Missouri Meerschaum Ozark Mountain Hardwood pipe (that's a mouth-full (that's what she said)) and an ounce each of Billy Budd (by word of Sarge) and McClelland MC 2015 Virginia Flake and Perique. I immediately removed the filter from the pipe.

So far I've smoked about 3 bowls of MC and 2 bowls of Billy Budd. My very first bowl was the McClelland and it kicked ass. I don't know if it was a fresh pipe or what but there was this crazy tongue-warming-tingling effect with just a hint of sweetness. The Billy Budd was also enjoyable. It seemed just a little more sophisticated and dry (in the no-sweetness sense). Very much like smoking a cigar out of a pipe.

With the more recent bowls I've smoked, the experience seems based around technique just as much as sensory analysis. Both of my tobaccos seem to need to dry quite a bit before they smoke without constant relighting and I'm still having trouble burning the very end of a bowl. My pipe also seems to have developed a crack that runs the length of the bowl's interior. I'll continue smoking it and see what happens.

Damn these slippery slopes every which way I turn.
Thanks for reading, I know this is blog-like but the "Pipe Smoker's Lounge" is young so what the hell.