So, something that has come along in my cigar smoking hobby has been my choice of beverage. I've pretty much decided on coffee if it's a smoke before noon, or port for an after-dinner/evening smoke. There are plenty of threads about coffee. Here's one specifically about reviewing different ports.

This thread is for anyone wanting to post a review of a port. There is no specific format here, and everyone who enjoys port is invited and encouraged to post a review. The first review I make is only a very loose guideline as to what I had in mind. It will more than likely evolve over time. The second post in this thread will serve as a brief recap of all ports listed.

I intend on doing this as long as the evenings stay cool, but probably no more than once a month. For my own purposes, I'll be smoking the same cigar for each of my reviews - a Padron Londres maduro. I wanted something where I could trust it's consistency, something I've smoked a good bit of, but not something that would detract too much from the port I was enjoying. In other words, a solid smoke that could act as a constant in this little experiment. In each case (unless noted otherwise) I've drank the port both with and without the cigar.

Enjoy!