View Poll Results: Was this useful information?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Was this useful information

1 50.00%
  • Was this useful information

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gurkha Commemorative Warrior's Chest

1. Default Gurkha Commemorative Warrior's Chest

Hi All,

I have been visiting for a while and never really posted, just too busy. I own a small cigar company in Texas and I am shutting it down.

I own several humidors, but one of my favorite prized possesions is a Gurkha Commemorative Warrior's Chest. There were only 108 made. It truly is just beautiful.

I want to sell it, but not sure what the value is on the open market. Wanted to see if someone knew something on these limited edition humidors.

I would appreciate any information you want to share with me.

Thanks,

Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1092.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	2143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1071.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	2142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1075.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	2141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1105.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	2144  

2. Default

Somebody please help...

Blog Entries

I kinda like the poll : Was this useful information? OR Was this useful information?

Of course, I will vote for "Was this useful information"
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I would prefer it say Torano and cost 1/5 the price.

That being said nothing sets the value like the market.

I bid $20 plus shipping.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Hi All,

I have been visiting for a while and never really posted, just too busy. I own a small cigar company in Texas and I am shutting it down.

I own several humidors, but one of my favorite prized possesions is a Gurkha Commemorative Warrior's Chest. There were only 108 made. It truly is just beautiful.

I want to sell it, but not sure what the value is on the open market. Wanted to see if someone knew something on these limited edition humidors.

I would appreciate any information you want to share with me.

Thanks,

Andy
    SKU:HUM-GURKHA CABWeight:0.00Regular Price: $4,874.40
    On Sale For: $3,655.80

Just like they told you on Cigar Alficionada
    http://forums.cigaraficionado.com/ev...4/m/5697035912

oh I just found this too
    http://www.monstermarketplace.com/ci...-cigar-humidor

http://www.lamborghinihumidor.com/St...133374&c=93970

I bid $25.00 if the cigars are included.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

I'd say cinda's probably gonna be the high bidder here.

The poll closed before I had a chance to vote - can you re-open it please?

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

7. Default You Guys are Funny - Thanks.

All,

I just recieved an email from the company who manufactured this product and they said that all 108 were sold and there are no more available from them.

I asked if it was possible if some of these sites that are still listing the products for sale really have them in stock - they responded not likely, since they were last manufactured in 2007, but there might be a very slight chance, but not likely.

What they also said was that this is a highly valued Collector's Item now and finding one on the open market is extremely rare.
    Last edited by Caveman; 11-29-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Blog Entries

All,

I just recieved an email from the company who manufactured this product and they said that all 108 were sold and there are no more available from them.

I asked if it was possible if some of these sites that are still listing the products for sale really have them in stock - they responded not likely, since they were last manufactured in 2007, but there might be a very slight chance, but not likely.

What they also said was that this is a highly valued Collector's Item now and finding one on the open market is extremely rare.

They estimated the current value at about $3800
    Wowza! Well then, I bid $38 if the shipping is free.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

All,

Well then - with this new information you've provided, I believe this to be WAY out our league. I cannot imagine that anynone on this site would be able to even begin to scratch the surface with the money this incredible find is worth!

Perhaps you should talk with Rick Harrison at Gold and Silver Pawn in Las Vegas. He has an incredible base of experts that would be able to accurately assess what your humidor could be worth! I also bet he'd give you fair value, if you wanted to sell it.

...or perhaps you should consider putting up for auction at Christie's!

Blog Entries

So, the manufacturer led you to believe that those websites are selling bogus products, but we're supposed to believe you? And why wouldn't the manufacturer lead you to believe that it's a rare find? Could it be possible that all 107 others are for sale by other dealers looking to get this out of their way?

Riddle me this - what are you looking to get for it? Let's start there. We may have a contestant that has overbid, Bob!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

11. Default You Guys Are Really Funny !

ggiese - Hey, I didn't set the price, I was just trying to find out what it was worth and the company that made them told me.......

Thanks for all your assistance guys.... greatly appreciated.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    So, the manufacturer led you to believe that those websites are selling bogus products, but we're supposed to believe you? And why wouldn't the manufacturer lead you to believe that it's a rare find? Could it be possible that all 107 others are for sale by other dealers looking to get this out of their way?

Riddle me this - what are you looking to get for it? Let's start there. We may have a contestant that has overbid, Bob!
    Bob - You could be right, I can see your point, that some dealers have been holding this product in their warehouses since 2007... possible, very possible, not wanting to sell them, just waiting for the prices to go up - very visionary and quite possible.

Do you run a business? If anyone understand business, nothing sits in the warehouse, everything sells - business 101. Profit is always realized at the time of sale, especially in the cigar business.

You don't have to believe me, never stated or asked that you had to Bob, just supplying the information that the manufacturer provided to me and i'm sharing with everyone - that is what I thought this site was about.

I do think this is good information for anyone who may have a rare find out there, old collector's humidors, one offs, garage sale humidor etc... - they are worth something to some out there.

BALL, Just on the Outside.

Blog Entries

Bob - You could be right, I can see your point, that some dealers have been holding this product in their warehouses since 2007... possible, very possible, not wanting to sell them, just waiting for the prices to go up - very visionary and quite possible.

Do you run a business? If anyone understand business, nothing sits in the warehouse, everything sells - business 101. Profit is always realized at the time of sale, especially in the cigar business.

You don't have to believe me, never stated or asked that you had to Bob, just supplying the information that the manufacturer provided to me and i'm sharing with everyone - that is what I thought this site was about.

I do think this is good information for anyone who may have a rare find out there, old collector's humidors, one offs, garage sale humidor etc... - they are worth something to some out there.

Who the fuck is Bob?
    If it were just ON the outside, it would be a strike.
    Got any cigar rolling supplies, ya know, chavetas.....cutting boards....molds, that kind of thing?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Who the fuck is Bob?
    If it were just ON the outside, it would be a strike.
    Got any cigar rolling supplies, ya know, chavetas.....cutting boards....molds, that kind of thing?
    No rolling equipment, or stuff like that, we purchase our products direct from the importer.

I have seen some products like that at some of the warehouses I have visited, mostly antiqute stuff, no interest in our business operations, but if I do run across some, I'll direct them your way.

I think Bob is Neal's brother.
    You know ..... Neal & Bob
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

I do run a business, though perhaps not in the strict merchandising sense that you operate. I am quite familiar, however, with the market determining the purchase price. While I certainly have my boundaries, and they even occasionally are compromised, ultimately, my products and services are determined by what my clients are willing to pay. I have a friend who is in a similar line of work as I am, who has a fabulous product, but he won't drop the price on it. Cost him tons in development time, but so far, only one client has taken him up on it. Does that mean that it's still worth that price, if there are plenty available, yet no buyers? I don't know the answer to that question.

I for one appreciate the pictures. It is a beautiful humidor, for sure. But I am confused as to what you want from us. We just smoke cigars, and talk about smoking cigars. I don't know if any of us are humidor collectors, though that doesn't mean other visitors to the forum aren't. Basically, I'm just wondering why the post is here. Not busting your balls or anything, it just looked like you wanted feedback on what kind of dollar figure you could fetch for this product, right? Apparently, you haven't found an attractive enough offer here (so far), but I'm thinking the attempt itself is misguided. If you had a price in mind already, wouldn't you be better off going to an established auction site?

There have been FAR too many attempts at auctions here from people who are either getting out of the hobby, wanting to sell us glass-top Cohibas, or something similar. We've seen it a thousand times. Thus most of the responses thus far.

Did I miss something? Are we playing text-baseball? How about:
    Curveball.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I think Bob is Neal's brother.
    You know ..... Neal & Bob
    I thought that was Kneel and Bob.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Mark,
    I was trying not to cross the line.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

18. Default You Guys are Funny

Thanks for all the replies. I was not or were my intentions to sell this forum anything - I was truly just trying to understand what I have, a piece of shit humidor or something worth holding on to... that was all. I own a cigar resale company and I never mentioned its name or tried to hawk my products or services - I'm just a regular Joe - thats all.

I normally stay out of forums because some of them get hijacked by a few guys who want to control the information being put out and if anyone doesn't fit the mold - they unleash a barrage of unpleasantries and its just no more fun.

I do understand what your are saying about people trying to sell there stuff here and my apologies to all of you if that was how it came across, but now I can understand the replies.....lol..... I thought you guys were a bunch of A$$ Os...

I really do enjoy a cigar with a crowne on the rocks at the end of a hard day.

Thanks Guys.

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the replies. I was not or were my intentions to sell this forum anything - I was truly just trying to understand what I have, a piece of shit humidor or something worth holding on to... that was all. I own a cigar resale company and I never mentioned its name or tried to hawk my products or services - I'm just a regular Joe - thats all.

I normally stay out of forums because some of them get hijacked by a few guys who want to control the information being put out and if anyone doesn't fit the mold - they unleash a barrage of unpleasantries and its just no more fun.

I do understand what your are saying about people trying to sell there stuff here and my apologies to all of you if that was how it came across, but now I can understand the replies.....lol..... I thought you guys were a bunch of A$$ Os...

I really do enjoy a cigar with a crowne on the rocks at the end of a hard day.

Thanks Guys.
    Stick around, bunch of good guys here. I am confident that, given time, you will come to understand that some of us are assholes. But mostly in a good way.

Blog Entries

What ashauler said.....

Good peeps here. We're a small community, not really mod-censored. It's how this place works. Not for everyone, but perfect for a few. Need thick skin, though. Stick around.

It is a nice humidor, but I'd never pay the kind of money the other sites were suggesting - I don't care that much. Besides, a humi that big would have to stay in the garage. But that's just me - I'm sure there are others who feel differently. Again, I'm thankful for the additional pics. Being an admirer of fine woodworking, it's a beautiful piece.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information