Thread: Nube wants a pipe

1. Default Nube wants a pipe

I want to try pipe smoking. I’ve been smoking cigars off and on for about 10 years however the past 2 years I've bought a humidor and smoke 2 to 3 a week. I've watched a zillion videos on pipe smoking the past two weeks or so. The nearest tobacconist is a 3 hour drive away I live in a small West Texas town. So I am going to probably order on the internet. Does anybody have any suggestions for good reliable websites for pipe and pipe smoking accessories? Also I have no idea where to start with a pipe as far as tobacco. I am probably going to try a corn cob pipe at first to see if I think it is something that I will enjoy. It seems that most people suggest new comers to start off with corn cob pipes apparently they are usually pretty good even though they are cheap. I have hurd stay away from cheap briar pipes because you will most likely get junk.

Thanks

2. Default

These guys have the best prices on cobs...Cheaper than the folks that make em. I'm ordering a couple later this week. I'm getting a couple of the Great Dane Spools. They have a hardwood bottom that extends the life of the cob. You'll also prolly want to get a pipe tool. These guys have good prices on tobacco too.

http://www.pipetobaccotls.com/about.html

About tobacco...I'd stay away from heavily cased aromatics. They tend to bite like a junkyard dog. The first pipe tobacco I really liked was Billy Bud...It's a burley, virginia, latakia, and maduro cigar leaf. Got a couple pounds aging. The vendor I linked has ounce samples of McClelland tobacco. The 5100 is really nice.

This place has thousands of reviews of pipe tobacco...http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/index.cfm

Hope I helped.

3. Default

thanks

Thread Information