Quote Originally Posted by Yerman View Post
Thanks for the tips and the comments guys.

Regarding the uneven burn, here are a few quotes I found by doing some searching on the internet...

"First, you can start by rotating the cigar so the slow burning part is at the bottom of the cigar. Because a fire needs oxygen to burn, the bottom of the cigar will burn faster (as it has access to more oxygen) than the top. This is also why you should rotate your cigar as you smoke."

"Rotate the slower burning side to the bottom. The bottom side of the cigar will burn faster since smoke does not inhibit the oxygen from feeding the burn. This is an excellent technique for keeping cigars burning even, but may not be drastic enough to completely prevent running."

"Rotate your cigar so the long side is down. Placing the long side on the bottom seems opposite our instinct. I mean come on, heat rises right??? The reason for doing this is because the tobacco leaf (as with any fuel) needs Oxygen to burn. The greatest amount of Oxygen will be introduced at the bottom because the heat, and burned oxygen, is rising and passing over the top of the cigar."

What say you?
I say I do what I posted above. Has worked for me.