Thread: Drew Estate Cigars

TonyDogs Guest

Default Drew Estate Cigars

The Drew Estate Cigars are very interesting. I am speaking about the Acid line. I think
    this is the Generation X cigars. There is the Green Hero, the little Juicy Lucy, China, egg, medusa, Pimp Stick to name a few.
    They take the tobacco and put it with herbs before rolling it up.

Out of the entire line the Green Hero and the Pimp Stick are the best.
    Pre ligth aroma is fair
    Construction is Good
    Draw is fine
    Burn is streaking
    Flavor is very complex. 1st the wrapper has a sweet taste to it. The smoke has traces of herbs and tea its not your grand dads cigar.
    I would recommend these to new smokers. I being a new smoker of only one year enjoy this different type of cigar.
    Best place to buy them is cigarbid.
    Thats my take
    TonyDogs

not a bad review. short and sweet. doesn't sound like a cigar i'd like, though. the herbs don't sound all that apealing

Sorry but you will not find many favorable opinions of ACID cigars here in this forum. Not many of us here (myself included) care for them or the "flavored" smokes.

Glad you liked them though.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

i had an acid with a gold label given to me at a party a week ago and it wasnt horrible. bad at the most. i would smoke another if it was given to me and i already smoked all mine.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere,.....write that down" -Van Wilder

I like most of the ACIDs but the gold line I never found any I was crazy about.

C-notes are cool little cigars for having during breaks with people smoking cigarettes. They think you are smoking somethin else though if you know what I mean.

The Nasty starts out nasty like the name but then it got better.

You can check out where on the spectrum a cigar is and how strong it is by checking the chart on their page http://drewestate.com/acid/acid_chart_page.html

The gold line is heavy on the herbal side, probably why I didn't like them. They smell better than they taste.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDogs
    The Drew Estate Cigars are very interesting. I am speaking about the Acid line. I think
    this is the Generation X cigars. There is the Green Hero, the little Juicy Lucy, China, egg, medusa, Pimp Stick to name a few.
    They take the tobacco and put it with herbs before rolling it up.

Out of the entire line the Green Hero and the Pimp Stick are the best.
    Pre ligth aroma is fair
    Construction is Good
    Draw is fine
    Burn is streaking
    Flavor is very complex. 1st the wrapper has a sweet taste to it. The smoke has traces of herbs and tea its not your grand dads cigar.
    I would recommend these to new smokers. I being a new smoker of only one year enjoy this different type of cigar.
    Best place to buy them is cigarbid.
    Thats my take
    TonyDogs
    I was brought into cigar smoking by a friend of mine who gave me a Acid Kuba Kuba a few years ago. It was a very interesting smoke, to say the least. I really did like the smell of the cigar - at first. But after a while it does tend to get a bit overpowering...

Since then I've gotten into "regular" cigars. Unfortunately, I will not ever be able to look back. The closest I can come is the La Vieja Habana Leather Patch - which is "okay", but not spectacular.

For a new cigar smoker - these are okay cigars. Chicks really dig the smell - just light one up in a bar and see what the women do. My wife still likes to smoke an occasional Blondie from time to time, even though she admits they don't taste nearly as good as some of the other cigars I've given her.

JAEwing is right - you won't get much support from many of the board members on Acid cigars. But - to each his own!!!

Word of caution - if you plan on setting up a humidor for the Acid cigars, you had better decide now that it is not worth keeping anything other than Acids in. The biggest complaint I've heard is from guys I know who've stored the Acid cigars in their humi, and having the flavors transfer to their other cigars... I've heard several that have given away or otherwise tossed out their humidors in order to get away from the problem.... I'd suggest you keep the Acids in a tupperware container - much cheaper than a Humidor and you don't have to worry about tossing it after you're done

BTW - the Acid line of cigars are "infused" with the botanicals, which means they are not rolled with the tobacco, the tobacco is stored during curing in rooms which have the botanicals present and the aromas infuse into the tobacco. Kind of the same process if you were to take an Acid cigar and put it into your humidor with other non-Acid cigars - in a short while you would smell and taste the Acid in the non-Acid cigar...
    Last edited by ggiese; 07-13-2005 at 05:47 PM.

Thread Information