Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you feel bad buying cuban cigars since it is against the law

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Well, you have to feel a twinge of guilt knowing that a penny or two might just go to pay some guard who is torturing a dissident student or priest. Then again, I'm sure we buy products all the time that on down the line, the money is used to finance bad guys-just our bad guys who do the same kind of things.

Please keep your left-wing, bleeding-heart propaganda bullshit in the "POLITCS" forum SFG75. You whine and bitch constantly about others breaking the rules but what, the rules don't apply to you?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Well, you have to feel a twinge of guilt knowing that a penny or two might just go to pay some guard who is torturing a dissident student or priest. Then again, I'm sure we buy products all the time that on down the line, the money is used to finance bad guys-just our bad guys who do the same kind of things.

Alfred... We were having a nice discussion about Cuban cigars and all of a sudden you come along and talk about dissident students and priests being tortured??? WTF!!! C'mon....

This may be a general discussion thread, but you're post is clearly a political view - take it to politics, would you???

And Alfred - there are no laughing smilies in your post, so I don't think you did it as a "joke" as you have previously claimed...

3. Default

Driveling BULLSHIT

K7
    The older I get ,the better I was

4. Default

Actually I believe Scott made a relative comment to this thread. That can be part of the guilt factor as in do you really know where your money goes when you do break the law by ordering them. Maybe I should have put this thread in the politics forum. But I think Scott brings up a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by the ox
    Actually I believe Scott made a relative comment to this thread. That can be part of the guilt factor as in do you really know where your money goes when you do break the law by ordering them. Maybe I should have put this thread in the politics forum. But I think Scott brings up a valid point.
    Of course you believe Alfred brings up a valid point... Of course you do...

Blog Entries

Can you guys please keep this argumentative bs in the right place?

Thank you
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

He brought his left wing bullshit into this thread ox. And no, you were correct starting this thread where you did and it was fine until Scotty got up on his soap box and started spewing his offensive left-wing propaganda which was not relevant (not "relative" like you said ) to this thread.

Go log on as your BIG WHITE PU$$Y id and say something stupid.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

SFG75 Guest

That can be part of the guilt factor as in do you really know where your money goes when you do break the law by ordering them.
    Exactly right-I answered the question.

9. Default

If you really do some serious thinking most cigars are produced in countries that have an unstable or unfavorable political enviorment. The only difference is the US government takes exception with Cuba.

Who really controls the money generated in those countries?

Exactly right-I answered the question.
    How did you answer this?:

Do you feel bad buying cuban cigars since it is against the law
    With this...:

It states "YOU have to feel twinge of guilt..." - Which would indicate what you think others should feel based upon YOUR beliefs. I didn't see you saying, "I feel a twinge of guilt everytime I buy a Cuban cigar..." - Nope, you clearly said, "YOU".

You clearly inerjected your politics and personal bias into the thread, WITHOUT answering the question. Do YOU feel bad buying Cuban cigars....

Typical Alfred...

11. Default

Doesn't bother me a bit. If it did, I wouldn't buy them. As it is, I've only had the pleasure of enjoying a few through the years that I could be sure were the real things. I've had quite a good time trying the federally approved smokes available to me. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, so perhaps I'm really missing out but, I think there are some really good smokes available to us without fear of breaking any of our laws. Truth is, I've found it pretty darn hard to go through a day without breaking some sort of law, (one of the joys of California living, I guess) so my consience has become kind of easy to get along with.

if your consience is going to keep you from enjoying a fine cigar, either find a cigar that your consience appoves of or beat your consience back down where it belongs.

Amanda Guest

Wow, I didn't see this thread until now. My friend Matt brought me some Cuban cigars last week and my conscience is fully cleared. I boycott a number of products and stores for various reasons, but the embargo against Cuban cigars is motivated entirely by politics and outlived its usefulness about 30 years ago.

13. Default

Amanda and I have found common ground.

I was not having any feelings of guilt before reading this thread. Now I am fuggin; drowning in it! I guess I'm just going to have to smoke mine faster so I don't have them anymore!

Btw, if anyone else needs help with rapid consumption of their cuban cigars my services are availble free of charge.

Edit to add: I will also feel guilt when I obtain more but I promise to smoke them equally fast in order to keep the guilt to a minimum.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Lo f-ing L Gran Cru. Lo f-ing L.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

Thread Information