Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cohiba Espledidos Authentic Cigars in Sealed Box

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    You fellas know you're arguing with a bowling ball, right?

Doc.
    Yep...Anyway Becky aka niblett is posting from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Don't guess we know her. Her name is Becky Ortero.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 12-28-2010 at 05:55 PM.

webworm13 Guest

Okay guys, due to Cigarsage's inability to be civil and the constant ridicule I have received for simply trying to sell some cigars on the AD section of the forum, I am cancelling the sale. It is not worth the headache for me and obviously, nobody appreciates these cigars enough on this forum to merit smoking them. Again, I am amazed at the lack of civility and low class shown by some on this forum, and I would recommend to the admins to limit the use of dirty language in order to make this a more inviting place for all, whether they be selling something or asking a cigar related question.

I hope EGQ likes his cigar and will check back periodically to see if he has posted his review of the product. I am curious myself to know now whether these are the real deal or not.

What everybody is failing to see is that even if these were fake Cohiba's (which they may or may not be) $200.00 is still a fair price to ask for a box of 25 cigars from Cuba. I was even going to throw in the cigar cutter and leather case as a goodwill gesture. I will just keep them myself as a decorative item and enjoy looking at them thinking back with fond memories on my recent trip.

Thank you, come again!
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

Quote Originally Posted by webworm13 View Post
    Okay guys, due to Cigarsage's inability to be civil and the constant ridicule I have received for simply trying to sell some cigars on the AD section of the forum, I am cancelling the sale. It is not worth the headache for me and obviously, nobody appreciates these cigars enough on this forum to merit smoking them. Again, I am amazed at the lack of civility and low class shown by some on this forum, and I would recommend to the admins to limit the use of dirty language in order to make this a more inviting place for all, whether they be selling something or asking a cigar related question.

I hope EGQ likes his cigar and will check back periodically to see if he has posted his review of the product. I am curious myself to know now whether these are the real deal or not.

What everybody is failing to see is that even if these were fake Cohiba's (which they may or may not be) $200.00 is still a fair price to ask for a box of 25 cigars from Cuba. I was even going to throw in the cigar cutter and leather case as a goodwill gesture. I will just keep them myself as a decorative item and enjoy looking at them thinking back with fond memories on my recent trip.
    Just out of curiosity how are you storing and careing for them ?

Im willing to bet you have them sitting in a closet or in a cabnet some where in your house where they are nice and dry
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

5. Default

So...Is a banning in order or do we hope Becky comes back to play.

webworm13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Just out of curiosity how are you storing and careing for them ?

Im willing to bet you have them sitting in a closet or in a cabnet some where in your house where they are nice and dry
    They are just in the box and on a bookshelf. I do not have a humidor and that is why I hoped to sell them before they dried out. Nobody is interested though so that is okay. I may have just discovered a new hobby and smoke them myself. The only thing with these cigars is that they are very strong and have an overpowering smell.

They are just in the box and on a bookshelf. I do not have a humidor and that is why I hoped to sell them before they dried out. Nobody is interested though so that is okay. I may have just discovered a new hobby and smoke them myself. The only thing with these cigars is that they are very strong and have an overpowering smell.
    I find this incredibly frustrating -- you keep making our points for us, yet you are not bright enough to realize it.

Let me pose this to you, and tell me what would you pay for this? After a long day of rolling cigars at the factory, old Fidel decides he has a chance to make some extra dollars. He grabs some filler, binder and wrapper to secret home so that he can make cigars of at least equal quality to what he produces at the factory day in and day out. Only problem -- how does he steal the tobacco? Well, I've seen Cops a few times, and I know most folks are going to stuff something they're stealing right down their pants. Well, old Fidel needs to walk 5 miles to get home, so by the time he gets there, that fine tobacco has undergone an extra special round of curing. What would such a fine, authentic Cuban Cohiba Espledido go for?

Can you guess what that overpowering smell is?
    Last edited by EGQ; 12-28-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Smart-ass comment added.

Blog Entries

No ban. TOTYii, just in under the wire.

Blog Entries

tiara boy freebern is in Tulsa, I'm sure he'd love to meet up with ole Becky and smoke her cigars.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Becky, Becky, Becky...

This board was not set up for people like you to run Ads to sell your crap - you've got Craig's list for that!

I'm increasingly doubting you are in a position to understand, but what you fail to realize is that you're trying to sell counterfeit cigars to people who would definitely know better. Like it or not - what you trying to do is akin to selling a fake Rolex watch to a jewelry store that fixes them. And then telling the store clerk that you're sure it's legit because your cousin's husband got it in a back room deal, and he is an honest person. Besides - if it's not a Rolex, it's still a good deal...

Does that make sense to you - or is the wax in your ears so filling the void between 'em that these concepts are just not soaking in?

Blog Entries

OK, definate TOTY candidate.....ya gotta luv an ear wax reference.

webworm's package arrived yesterday, and as I suspected, what he/she was peddling are not authentic Cohiba Esplendidos. I'll post some pics and a review either tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    webworm's package arrived yesterday, and as I suspected, what he/she was peddling are not authentic Cohiba Esplendidos. I'll post some pics and a review either tonight or tomorrow.
    Really? I'm SHOCKED!!!

Blog Entries

Honestly I'm shocked that he even had cigars.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Honestly I'm shocked that he even had cigars.
    I wasn't a guy.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I wasn't a guy.
    How long did the surgery take?

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    How long did the surgery take?
    Now that is funny.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

This cigar is in bad shape and about as dry as badwhale's new faux-gina... It does look like there was a decent attempt at a triple cap.

The band is straight, no jagged cuts, but those 1/2 squares at the top of the band would give me pause -- every Cohiba that i have bought abroad from reputable dealers have had pristine bands. While this one looks pretty good, I say it is suspect because of that row of half squares.

This thing was beat to shit -- no idea about how it looked originally, but it had some pronounced bulges.

Note the difference in the band -- this Cohiba was procured from a reputable source.

Note the difference in clarity of the Habana, Cuba -- the one on the right is believed to be legit. Also, the color difference is very clear -- the one on the left is a typical yellow -- the one on the right is darker, richer -- this is almost always a give away.

Label has embossed logo, but I'm not convinced...

Definitely used long filler -- it may be Cuban, hell it may have even been a decent smoke -- but I don't think it was Cohiba Esplendido.

Thanks for the great breakdown of the stick, literally! On a side note, what kind of a Coke is that in the "logo embossed" picture?!
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

That can of Coke is from Ethiopia -- its only 150ml, cost the equivalent of $0.08 or $0.09 there. Both Pepsi and Coke had bottling facilities in Addis Ababa. It's one of many reminders of the trip.

Thread Information