Thread: Chateau Real Gran Templar by Drew Estate

Blog Entries

Default Chateau Real Gran Templar by Drew Estate

Okay STOP LAUGHING........

I have no idea where I got this cigar from, I found it in my humi today and decided to smoke it. If I had known it was a Drew Estate, I probably would have thrown it out before I lit it up.

All the band said was "Chateau Real" and I pulled the band off and threw it in my pocket and didn't find out until just about a minute ago that "Drew Estate" was printed on the inside of the band.

This cigar is 6" x 50, a natural wrapper which I usually don't like.

I punch cut it and right away noticed the draw was firm, very similar to a Davidoff. This was a total surprise because most $hitty cigars feel like I'm smoking straw but the draw on this cigar was almost perfect.

The natural wrapper looked delicate and cheap but I was totally surprised that it held up and tasted a whole lot better than I ever expected. As I mentioned earlier, I tend to not like natural wrapper cigars but this one was very good, the best mid-priced natural wrapped NC cigar I've probably smoked in the last five years.

So, I looked up information on the interweb about these and found this fluff on the CI site:

To say Chateau Real has the folks at Drew Estate excited would be an understatement. This traditional cigar is top-notch; a product of Jonathan Drew’s relentless push towards the highest quality control standards imaginable. Using the factory’s finest tobaccos, patiently aged leaves hailing from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic, inside a caramel-colored Connecticut shade wrapper.

Upon lighting, Chateau Real smacks of spice, a result of the robust Brazilian binder used to secure the mellower blend of long-fillers. Shortly after, this spiciness fades to a slight peppery note that finishes each rich, creamy puff. Medium-bodied throughout, Chateau Real is an eventful handmade layered with smooth, pleasant flavors that gradually build towards a more robust finish. Dressed in simple, yet traditional, Spanish cedar boxes.
    A box of 25 goes for a little over $125.00 from most of the major sites. Seems a little expensive for me but I have to say, I actually liked this cigar and would smoke them again.

Totally exceeded expectations.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I like them as well.
    I have a box of both the natural & maduro. JR's run specials & auctions them off
    every month or so. They can be had for under $60.00, if you keep an eye out.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information