Thread: True Grit

Default True Grit

So I saw True Grit the other night and I thought that I'd post up a little review. This movie was pretty good, I'm a huge fan of westerns so it was right up my alley. The biggest issue that I had with the movie in general was that every time I heard Jeff Bridges talk, I couldn't picture him as a cowboy. All I could think about was "The Dude" from The Bid Lebowski.

On another note, I thought that Matt Damon would fail as a cowboy but he was cast for the perfect part in the movie. He was a "fancy", well-mannered Texas Ranger. The casting director hit the nail on the head with that selection!

Overall I would give the movie 8/10. I was disappointed with the roll that Josh Brolin had, I had hoped for him to have a bigger part, that was the only negative.
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

2. Default

Anybody would have to be better than Glen Campbell. Watching him deliver his lines in the original movie is painful. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. I'm a John Wayne fan but it was a sympathy Oscar. He was better in the Searchers, Red River, and the Quiet Man. He certainly deserved the award for the latter.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

I hadn't seen the original in years, but am I big fan of it so as a huge Coen Bros. and Jeff Bridges fan I was excited when I saw the trailer for this for the first time...glad they did it up right...

Quote Originally Posted by Daigz View Post
    So I saw True Grit the other night and I thought that I'd post up a little review. This movie was pretty good, I'm a huge fan of westerns so it was right up my alley. The biggest issue that I had with the movie in general was that every time I heard Jeff Bridges talk, I couldn't picture him as a cowboy. All I could think about was "The Dude" from The Bid Lebowski.

On another note, I thought that Matt Damon would fail as a cowboy but he was cast for the perfect part in the movie. He was a "fancy", well-mannered Texas Ranger. The casting director hit the nail on the head with that selection!

Overall I would give the movie 8/10. I was disappointed with the roll that Josh Brolin had, I had hoped for him to have a bigger part, that was the only negative.
    Have you seen "Crazy Heart" yet? I watched it on-demand with the wife a few weeks ago. Bridges plays a drunk-ass country singer spot on in the movie. I enjoyed it.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Also heard that one was good...is it still on-demand?

Quote Originally Posted by b.read View Post
    Also heard that one was good...is it still on-demand?
    It on Comcast for $5.99. I hate Comcast, I miss my FIOS
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Hmmmm...if it's out in dvd, redbox may have it then. I'll have to take a look!

Thread Information