Thread: Is this smokable? Long lost cigar, found 10 years later (Pics within)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is this smokable? Long lost cigar, found 10 years later (Pics within)

Hi All,

Was just cleaning out the basement when I found this beauty in the drawers. I was given this cigar on my graduation, and since I didn't smoke cigars at the time, I just shelved it.

Since I never had a cigar aged for so long, was wondering if this is still smokable? The cellophane had the signature tobacco-brown tinge to it, the cigar itself is firm to the touch, and the smell has a very mellow and sweet woodsy bouquet to it. Although, I'm not sure if the wrapper color variation is a function of age (bloom?), or some other thing I don't know about. I don't think it's mold since it's not musty at all.

Anyhow, I've transferred the cigar into a ziploc freezer bag. If the cigar is legit, what's the best way to reintroduce it into the humidor? Also, as a precaution, should i freeze it first to make sure it's bug free (no signs of pinholes on cigar or cellophane, nor the signature tobacco dust at foot of cellophane.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3067.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	2191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3066.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	2192  
    Last edited by cigar547; 01-07-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Thread Information