Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this smokable? Long lost cigar, found 10 years later (Pics within)

A friend of mine gave a cigar from the 50-60s. It was hard as a rock. I slowly brought it back to life, and now it's sitting in the humi like a normal cigar. As a novelty, I took it to antiques roadshow (my girlfriend's family has a lot of antique furniture), and I knew it was worth nothing, but the guy who knew cigars got pumped about it. We talked for 30 minutes or so, shook my hand and suggested (a terrible) place to buy habanos.

If hasn't yet, I'll smoke mine when he smokes his.

Also, that partagas used to be so black and oily, I bet it's probably screwed.

What's up man?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy View Post
    A friend of mine gave a cigar from the 50-60s. It was hard as a rock. I slowly brought it back to life, and now it's sitting in the humi like a normal cigar. As a novelty, I took it to antiques roadshow (my girlfriend's family has a lot of antique furniture), and I knew it was worth nothing, but the guy who knew cigars got pumped about it. We talked for 30 minutes or so, shook my hand and suggested (a terrible) place to buy habanos.

If hasn't yet, I'll smoke mine when he smokes his.

Also, that partagas used to be so black and oily, I bet it's probably screwed.

Who are you?

What's happening KB! I was just thinking about you yesterday and noticed that you hadn't been here for about three years and was wondering what you've been up to.

Great to see you around these parts and don't be a stranger.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

You know. Shit happens. Yada yada yada. For some reason I thought this forum had closed down, but I found it again a week ago, I was pretty excited. I'll be stomping around here more often.

Blog Entries

You know. Shit happens. Yada yada yada. For some reason I thought this forum had closed down, but I found it again a week ago, I was pretty excited. I'll be stomping around here more often.
    Excellent!

My wife's aunt and uncle have a winter place in a small town in eastern Tennessee, they love it down there, taxes are cheap and it's a whole lot nicer down there in the winter than up here. I think it's in Carter County. Is that anywhere near you?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-27-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Excellent!

My wife's aunt and uncle have a winter place in a small town in eastern Tennessee, they love it down there, taxes are cheap and it's a whole lot nicer down there in the winter than up here. I think it's in Carter County. Is that anywhere near you?
    More yankees coming down here, taking up our land.

That's north eastern TN, I'm south eastern TN. But not that far off really. Also, there is some beautiful stuff up there. Lots of good hiking.

Blog Entries

More yankees coming down here, taking up our land.

That's north eastern TN, I'm south eastern TN. But not that far off really. Also, there is some beautiful stuff up there. Lots of good hiking.
    LOL! Lots of people leaving the northeast, that's for sure. Favorite destinations seem to be NC, SC, Florida and Tennessee.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Another place is Ohio. I think it's got something to do with all the church colleges around here. Whenever the kids come in for school at Lee University, you can always tell because there are more people driving badly, and Wal-Mart is full of kids being cheap crap for their rooms... I hate Lee kids.

Thread Information