Free stick from CostaRicaCigarCo that was sent to me to try and do a review on.

Fundacion Ancestral Pinar del Rio 1941...Churchill
Size...7x52
Drink...Coffee
Tunes...digging on some blues (Guitar Shorty)

Wrapper, Binder, Filler...CR Puro

Light...Hard
Draw...Hard
Burn...Lousy

Time...1 1/2 hrs before I finally gave up on it.

Prelight construction looked really good, walnut colored wrapper leaning toward a light maduro. Considering how long in transit it was to me, I had left it in my humi for a month. Feel was pretty hard but I decided to try it anyway.

Gave it a toasting...then man was the light up tough. Thought I was never going to get it lit or keep it lit. Hardly any smoke probably due to being so tight. Not much on taste...very light leathery & spice notes. Flaky dark gray & blackish ash fell off at 1/2 in., second ash was an uneven 3/4 / 1 in.

I kept massaging it and it loosened up some and I got a little more smoke out of it. Although I had no smell of ammonia, about halfway I started getting the taste of it leaving a tingling mentholish feel and taste to my tongue. Ugh! That quickly went away and the light leathery spicy tone came back but with something else, nutty? maybe...dunno it didn't last long at all.

Finally loosened up enough that I got more billowy smoke from it. Going into the last third, I got the ammonia taste again and finally gave up on it. Sorry but I just didn't care for this stick and it took entirely too much work to smoke it.