Hi all...'nother new guy here!

A little background on me:

I live in New Braunfels, TX. I'm a drummer of 17 years. I brew beer and have a 4 tap kegerator. I collect Atwood tools, Lum-Tec watches, and Bill Cosby records. My first car was a '68 Plymouth Satellite. My favorite outdoor activity is floating the Comal river. I got married in November to a bitchin' lady and life is good.

Why am I here?

I'm new to cigars...brand new actually. I stumbled onto the forum while trying to learn more about humidors. I've been lurking the site for all of a day, and have managed to go through the majority of the threads in the Accessories forum (yes, all 47 pages!) Here are a few things I've learned in my short 24 hours of reading here:

• When choosing a humidor, go larger then you think you really need. You will outgrow it quickly.
  • Analog hygrometers are not reliable- go digital.
  • Like any forum, trolls abound. Well, asshats here...gear pimps in disguise too. pH strips, anyone? Do not feed them.
  • Macanudos and eBay humidors suck.
  • I have many coolers- all of which I need for beer...I now have an excuse to buy another one.
  • Cellophane on or off, doesn't matter.
  • Expensive lighters aren't necessarily better than cheap ones.
  • Xikar cutters break when dropped. They do have a great warranty though.
  • The newbie sampler is one helluva deal.
  • Deals on Amazon that are too good to be true most likely are.
  • Purge your lighter before re-filling.
  • Heartfelt beads are the way to go.
  • Glasstop humidors are fine, as long as they are not in direct sunlight.

and last but not least:
  • Respect the FOGs and you will get respect in return.

Hopefully I'm off to an OK start...I look forward to learning more from you all- glad to be onboard.