Thread: any insights...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhab View Post
    Yes, all very valid points. I never see any endeavor in life where there is potential to gain knowledge a waste of time. I have been mulling this over for quite some time now, and the biggest reason being a push with the hookah lounge is simply money. Not the best way to phrase that, but.... Money is the single greatest factor. With a cigar lounge I am looking at a very substantial initial investment. With very specific trade fixtures that can not be recouped should the business fail... The hookah lounge can be opened with a fraction of the cost of the cigar lounge, also the customer base is much larger with the hookah lounge. Using some break even models I have created based off of what I believe to be a fair market assessment, the hookah lounge would pay for itself nearly three times before the cigar lounge even turns a profit.

Also, I am becoming very familiar with the retail tobacco sales laws here, and I am simply using a much lower cost alternative to establish a successful tobacco business, while learning more about retail sales, marketing, and service. In the cigar business, and this is simply an opinion, the customers you will rely on for a majority of sales would be turned away from some newb who didn't have his shit together.... Where as if I piss off a 19 yr old college student, I might only loose a small portion of potential sales... The learning curve for cigar sales is to me, a much steeper one.

This is also a way to establish my name as a credible business owner in the retail market. Which will help financing and marketing a future cigar lounge much easier...

So does this mean I can count you in as a potential customer?
    If you pay travel & lodging, I'm there!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    If you pay travel & lodging, I'm there!
    I was wondering when I would get this... badwhale I will gift you all 5 of my flier miles to get you started

Thread Information