Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wine Thread

1. Default

Some weeks ago, my good friend came from England and he brought a bottle of the French wine - J. Vidal-Fleury Muscat de Beaumes de Venise,2008...I'm not an expert in wine or its lover, but this muscat was really good =)

Donatella Cinelli Colombini Brunello di Montalcino 2003
    2x Darioush Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
    and a glass of Paso de Piedra Malbec

Blog Entries

Cupcake Cab Sauv. - it had been opened a few hours prior to drinking, so it had calmed down considerably - very light, but not bad

Some crazy Cabernet Franc I wasn't excited about

Brazin Old Vine Zinfandel - 2006 from Lodi. Absolutely amazing. A little on the higher side for me (~18), but fabulous.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Charles Shaw Shiraz

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

R-something, like "Rosso", chianti and J. Lohr cabernet. The chianti was better with the food, the cab would have been better by itself. The chianti was dry, the cab was sweet, oaky, and spicy like a shiraz. Almost too much so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSpencer View Post
    R-something, like "Rosso", chianti and J. Lohr cabernet. The chianti was better with the food, the cab would have been better by itself. The chianti was dry, the cab was sweet, oaky, and spicy like a shiraz. Almost too much so.
    Rosso - that's not the Francis Ford Coppola wine, is it? I think that whole line is just okay - definitely not worth the price point.

This past weekend was:

Strong Arms Shiraz
    Red Splash (something). I think it was just a red wine blend.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Rosso - that's not the Francis Ford Coppola wine, is it? I think that whole line is just okay - definitely not worth the price point.

This past weekend was:

Strong Arms Shiraz
    Red Splash (something). I think it was just a red wine blend.
    Nah, it was some Italian wine. I've not tried any of Coppola's wines. They don't interest me for the most part however I would like to try Rubicon Estate some day.

I had a few bottles of Strong Arms last year. It had a slight metallic taste but other than that it was a good wine. I think they've since released another vintage.

Blog Entries

I had a few bottles of Strong Arms last year. It had a slight metallic taste but other than that it was a good wine. I think they've since released another vintage.
    I prefer the 2006 to the 2007

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Chateau Ste. Michelle 2010 riesling Columbia Valley

If I was the type of person to store wine, this would be my white house wine.

Kathryn Hall 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley

Lots of ripe fruit, raisins, and a touch of sweet tea.

Sterling Vineyards 2007 cabernet sauvignon Napa Valley
    Sterling Vintner's Collection 2007 cabernet sauvignon Central Coast

Roth 2007 cabernet sauvignon Alexander Valley

A no named 2010 Cab Rose' from Texas. Not very good, but I know what not to do this year. This stuff will be served ICE COLD and never served to wine people. lol

Blog Entries

Roth 2007 cabernet sauvignon Alexander Valley
    What did you think? Alexander Valley used to be my favorite region for wine - they still produce some knockouts, but either my tastes are changing or their quality is slipping, because my rock-steadies aren't so much any more.

CHATEAU DOULEY 2006 PREMIÈRES CÔTES DE BORDEAUX - fabulous. I don't know that I've had a Bordeaux I haven't enjoyed.

Cupcake Red Wine - WHY do I do this to myself? Not bad if you aren't paying attention.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    What did you think? Alexander Valley used to be my favorite region for wine - they still produce some knockouts, but either my tastes are changing or their quality is slipping, because my rock-steadies aren't so much any more.
    It was a good wine. A little tannic and one-dimensional but it was pleasant. I haven't had too much wine from Alexander Valley but I've also enjoyed Simi and Alexander Valley Vineyards.

Snap Dragon 2007 cab sav California
    Snap Dragon 2008 cab sav California

Wines like this usually don't show too much variation but I thought the 2007 was a little softer and more fruit-forward which is what I was going for last night. Both went well with gourmet SloppyJoes.

Blog Entries

Chateau Ste. Michelle 2010 riesling Columbia Valley

If I was the type of person to store wine, this would be my white house wine.
    Really? A Riesling? A riesling from Chateau Ste. Michelle? I find that......surprising. Really?

ETA: We had a bottle of Mark West Pinot Noir 2007. I love this wine. This would be MY house red. At least one of them, anyways.
    Last edited by mrtr33; 07-07-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: oh

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Lately:

Norton 2010 malbec Mendoza
    Layer Cake 2009 shiraz Australia
    Lenore 2008 syrah Columbia Valley
    Numanthia 2007 tinta de toro Spain

Quilceda Creek 2008 Red Wine Columbia Valley

A Bordeaux blend of 81% Cab Sav, 13% Merlot, 5% Cab Franc, and 1% Malbec. One helluva entry-level wine. No matter how many shitty bottles of wine I drink just to try to get drunk, wines like this always remind me why I became interested in wine in the first place.

Blog Entries

Last night we had a bottle of Le Touzinard Bordeaux. Not bad. Smooth-ish. We ended up drinking the whole bottle (which we rarely do). We took some time off from drinking wine over the last few months, but I'm sure that will pick up with the holidays coming.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information