Thread: Nitro RC truck owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I ask for some videos once you get it. I'd prefer the ones where you smash into a wall or something and then swear a lot!
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    I ask for some videos once you get it. I'd prefer the ones where you smash into a wall or something and then swear a lot!
    So, you want video of my maiden voyage?

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

Sweeet!!

I suggest ordering a couple medium glow plugs... no need to get expensive O.S. brand, they foul easily during the extra rich break in period.

Invest in a good rechargeable glow plug driver. The D Battery models will burn through batteries.

If it doesn't come with one, get yourself at least one 6V receiver battery pack. I trust if you've run electrics, you already have a good battery charger for these things, right?

If you can't get good fuel localy, I order mine from Torco race fuels at the torconitro.com website. Reasonably priced, and good clean fuel... and they ship fast.

Torco provides fuel for NHRA!

I was running mine out by the street, and an employee of the scrapyard next door asked if I was interested in a Traxxas T-Maxx complete kit for $40.00.... well, DUH!!
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 03-10-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I actually have a local shop here that I am visiting tomorrow to get some low down on rices for fuel, and I will pick up a few glow plugs and a battery pack when I am there. I do have a pretty good charger, but it is getting old, so I am going to be looking for one of those real soon.

Just crious, but, is the break in period a long thing? I am very anxious to get it running, but I want to do it right.

Blog Entries

There are a couple schools of thought on break in. I just went by the instructions that came with my vehicles.

Basically running the first two tanks really rich, and easy on the throttle, lean it out a bit, and run two more tanks. letting the engine cool between runs. Then you can start to tune for power. I did my buggy in one afternoon... Seems to run just fine.

There's another method called heat cycling, I'm sure a search would turn up plenty of info. I know there's a bunch of videos on youtube.

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

But, I am just guessing here, but you have used this method before with no ill affects?
    I have come to realize that the opninion of someone I know holds a lot more water than someone doing a write up for a magazine or a company.

Blog Entries

I'm still fairly new to the hobby, but my engines seem to run great...

I can see some people getting very meticulous over break in when they just dropped 400 bucks for a new motor. Personally, I think the manufacturers instructions are sufficient.

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information