Thread: Cigars made in America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by webmost View Post
    Guys.

I dunno. I don't understand the vitriol and animosity.
    I can see someone making an "intelligent" argument that machine made cigars "smoke" just like a premium made hand made cigar. However, there can be no intelligent argument that the experience is the same...
    I have to believe you're not so ignorant to believe that your BMW R1200CLC and Kawasaki KLR650 are both the same motorcycle (after all - one could argue they are both two wheeled motorized conveyances). I also have to believe you're not so ignorant to believe either of those motorcycles are "machine made" (as "Johnny Sopweedseed" suggests).

I'm not sure my comment was written with "vitriol" or "animosity", but it does hit the point of why you're getting flak from this community about your statement. Did you really expect to make a sweeping generalization that smoking a machine made cigar is exactly the same as smoking a hand rolled cigar and not engage in a discussion about your views? Or that folks are foolish for smoking "fancy band" premium cigars over a machine made American made cigar? Is it your thought that if you make such an incredible claim - you'd be greeted with open arms, cake and ice cream? Dude - seriuosly - you seem old enough to understand that it screams of absolute ignornace...

Hey - I've made some wild claims in the past and taken flak for it. I could have either slithered away - or take the beating I deserved and moved on. If you're willing to make a bold stand - just be prepared to defend yourself AND be willing to listen to criticism. You might just learn something through the process...

2. Default

I stand by my experience that the absolute best machine made cigar is nowhere as enjoyable as a middle of the line hand made cigar like a Punch or green foot Fuente. I like some things machine made like snickers bars and other things hand made like a fine cigar. You could not give me that BMW bike for free but I would sell my soul for a Kawasaki H2 750 Same for my cars , I love my primitive American car with its screaming V8 and 5 speed manual transmission
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I stand by my experience that the absolute best machine made cigar is nowhere as enjoyable as a middle of the line hand made cigar like a Punch or green foot Fuente. I like some things machine made like snickers bars and other things hand made like a fine cigar. You could not give me that BMW bike for free but I would sell my soul for a Kawasaki H2 750 Same for my cars , I love my primitive American car with its screaming V8 and 5 speed manual transmission
    You should price your soul higher:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Oth...US_motorcycles
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

4. Default

Ok ,just my right nut then
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information