Thread: Ramon Allones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ramon Allones

I'd post this in the review section, but I don't have a lot to say other than this was a fantastic smoke. Picked up a fiver from JR, along with a fiver of the Reserve which I am now looking forward to trying. Very good, rich flavor that I don't know how else to describe. The draw was a little tight at first but it opened up pretty quick. Burn was perfect and the construction was flawless.

Anybody else like these or have some insight on what I can expect from the Reserve when I get around to torching one?

Blog Entries

I'm not a big fan of these. I can't remember ever smoking the Reserves but based on how the regular ones smoked, I'm not inclined to buy any of these. Fortunately the ones I smoked were gifted to me.

At least the Reserves aren't filled with Mexican tobacco.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Hopefully I do not share your experiences, CC.

Default Ramon Allones

I was recently in Mexico and the local LCDH recommended the the brand. I picked up a box of the corona vitola for 110 bucks....Not too bad considering Mexico has a 50% tobacco tax.

The corona's were good but young so I put most to sleep for a bit. Upon discussion and some investigation I have found that the Ramon Allones Specialty Selected (Robusto Vitola) has quite a following and is a well known quality refugee.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSidePK View Post
    I was recently in Mexico and the local LCDH recommended the the brand. I picked up a box of the corona vitola for 110 bucks....Not too bad considering Mexico has a 50% tobacco tax.

The corona's were good but young so I put most to sleep for a bit. Upon discussion and some investigation I have found that the Ramon Allones Specialty Selected (Robusto Vitola) has quite a following and is a well known quality refugee.
    His review was of the non Cuban version.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Default Oh

Yeah that makes a difference

Thread Information