Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bhk 54s real or fake

Blog Entries

You guys have done it....analyzed all the fun right out of boobies. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    We play this game a lot less now.

The black cardboard box that the Behike box came in has all of the usual Habanos seals in all of the usual places. (The date code and factory code are on a sticker, but in their usual fonts, and the sticker is in the usual place.) The current guarantee seal has numerous anti-counterfitting measures which can be verified with a magnifying glass and a fluorescent light (if you don't have a UV light).

Yes, all of the above stuff is simple, but almost all fakes screw up one or more of the above. Those that don't are the good fakes (typically from Spain or the Canary Islands), but those now usually fail on the new seal code. The new seal code (usually 13 digits) can be verified on the Habanos.com website. When the code is entered on the website, the website displays the cigar and packaging info for the box.

Note that these checks don't even involve looking at cigars or opening the box, but start with these as anytime these fail or can't be verified ("I threw out the box") then, as always, caveat emptor.
    Wait, are those in the photo yours Craig?

LMAO got a point there...

Nahhhh, I still think they're fun

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Wait, are those in the photo yours Craig?
    What? Huh? Sorry, I was distracted by the post-orgasmic glow of the least-endowed of the three.

Um, no, not my photo or my cigars. Sorry for the verb confusion. I was just going by what I have, and what I have seen elsewhere. Cohiba packaging sometimes uses different sticker placements and/or additional stickers and/or some on the box and some on the outer box, but the Behike packaging does not AFAIK, and places all stickers on the outside cardboard box in the usual places.

There are some differences in the other packaging inside of the Behike box, but my point, I guess, is to know these things before you buy a cigar with such a premium price, and have a good relationship with your vendor.

Just had a quick look at Craigslist (no relation ) and the presumed-fake Behike's are out there, with very nice-looking bands. No boxes yet, so these are probably all cigars brought back from tourists who went to Cuba.

My off-the-top-of-my-head-guess is that the same outfit that pushed out the PSD4 and (IIRC) EL fakes a couple years ago (and resulting in all kinds of sh*t in online forums) are pushing out Behike's now. A large dealer has posted elsewhere that he has been offered cases of Behike's. This is beyond the scope of most producers of fakes. I'd be very careful buying these things.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by b.read View Post
    Awww what the hell, here's another round, since we're waiting on better pics from bill.

Hopefully this won't be viewed as polluting the thread. If they are, I will remove these icky yucky pictures pronto.

Natually we're talking about the one with the big...uhhh...stone in her necklace.
    Not 100% sure about the first girl (she of the long dark hair) but I suspect real. Sadly, that angle she's leaning in at makes hard to be completely sure.

Those two above.........real and real.......no doubt no question!

Those BHK's, impossible to tell from the teeny tiny picture. I'd say use the info craig's post (damn nice of them to fix that up) to check.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Those above still got me hyp-mo-tized

I have two boxes. Seals etc are on the cardboard. The box is also in a very fitted velvet black back. The box itself has a plastic cling(like new cell phones) protecting the black laquer paint job. The inner portion of the hinges has cohiba stamped on them.

Also the labels will have lots of holographic craziness in it too.

I will try to find my pics.

Oh and the jugs....nom nom nom....lol

oh and as said before...you can tell crap from that little pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	behike3.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	2341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	behike2.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	2342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	behike4.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	2343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	behike1.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	2344  

9. Default

Hey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information