Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Anyone remember the name of last years First Round Draft Pick?

Doc.
    #1 Taylor Hall - Edmonton
    #2 Tyler Seguin - Boston (Thanks to Toronto )

I assume you were referring to the #2 pick of the first round

What a game he played!

Mark P.

Update for Thursday May 19th.

Eastern Conference:

Series tied 1-1. Game tonight is in Tampa Bay.

Western Conference:

Canucks won last night 7-3. Absolutely embarrased the Sharks and Ben Eager of the Sharks made a sideshow out of himself. Anyone catch the female Canuck fan flash her "twins" at Eager as he sat in the penalty box near the end of the game?

Canucks lead series 2-0

Game 3 goes Friday in San Jose.

Mark

3. Default

Timmy the Tank comes through and stones the Bolts with a 31 save shut out. "We're back to playing normal." .T.T.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Timmy the Tank comes through and stones the Bolts with a 31 save shut out. "We're back to playing normal." .T.T.

Doc.
    I'm pulling for the Bruins as well. It's the best result possible for my hockey pool.

Western Conference Final:

Canucks lead best of seven 3-1.

Canucks can close it out tomorrow night. Lot's of guys injured on both teams as these two teams continue to pummel each other.

Eastern Conference:

Bruins lead best of seven 3-2. Missed the game tonight, but from all accounts the Bruins played a very good team game and didn't give up many opportunities to the Lightning.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Western Conference Final:

Canucks lead best of seven 3-1.

Canucks can close it out tomorrow night. Lot's of guys injured on both teams as these two teams continue to pummel each other.

Eastern Conference:

Bruins lead best of seven 3-2. Missed the game tonight, but from all accounts the Bruins played a very good team game and didn't give up many opportunities to the Lightning.

Mark
    Both teams played well tonight, IMO. Thomas save on Downie could possibly be the save of the year. Just sick!

I would love to see the Nucks close out SJ tomorrow night. They are looking awfully strong right now. Not sure either EC team will be able to hang with them.

7. Default

You fellas aware of the sign controversy in Boston. Too much.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/bruins-f...-down-ads.html

Doc.
    Doc

Stanley Cup Finals start Wednesday.

West: Vancouver Canucks
    East: Boston Bruins

All games start at 8:00PM Eastern time. As a die hard hockey fan, this 8 day break (since the Canucks last played) is killing me.

My prediction: Canucks in Six.
    Last edited by VancouverMark; 05-31-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: edit the time as per Craig's post below

Blog Entries

As is usually the case with these things, injuries and a hot goalie will probably determine the winner.

Canucks are heavily favoured, but I don't think that the hockey gods have yet forgiven 1972.

My prediction: Bruins in 7, Tim Thomas MVP.

ETA: it is 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern. Vancouver is going to be a mess on game-day afternoons. (Vancouver has the worst road system of any major Cdn city, and has, proportionately, the worst drivers (although Toronto has more bad drivers and more traffic).)
    Last edited by craig; 05-30-2011 at 10:55 PM.

10. Default

Heavily favored? I don't think so. Certainly they're the better team, at least they have more stars, but I don't see them as heavily favored.

Doc.
    Doc

Heavily favored? I don't think so. Certainly they're the better team, at least they have more stars, but I don't see them as heavily favored.

Doc.
    I agree somewhat. If both goalies play to their full potential, they are about even. The Canucks have a bit more forward depth, but a lot more defensive depth. The speed of the Canucks may be a bit much for the Bruins, but the B's could slow them down if they play very physical.

Mark

Blog Entries

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Heavily favoured in terms of percentage of press predictions (US/Cdn) for Vancouver and which way the betting odds are going.

I don't mean heavily favoured as in blowout or sweep.

Most believe that it will be a long series, and most believe that Vancouver will prevail. Relatively few think Boston will win; hence Vancouver is heavily favoured.

ETA: I forgot to add officiating. Boston's power play just hasn't been as good as Vancouver's - so far.
    Last edited by craig; 05-31-2011 at 10:36 AM.

13. Default

The Bruins are dear to me, but not dearer than money. I would bet no money on them. but if they stay in their system, something they were only able to do twice against the Bolts, and Kaberle shows up, they have a good chance. So my prediction is, if the Canucks don't do it in six, they lose in seven.

Doc.
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    I agree somewhat. If both goalies play to their full potential, they are about even. The Canucks have a bit more forward depth, but a lot more defensive depth. The speed of the Canucks may be a bit much for the Bruins, but the B's could slow them down if they play very physical.

Mark
    ^ Hits the nail on the head, IMO. Mind you I'm a Minnesota fan, which by default I'm supposed to hate the Nucks, but not this year. This series will be a goalie dual and very VERY physical. Vancouver in five and I'm going off the path here a little and say Tim Thomas for the Conn Smythe (ala Giggy in 2003). He has been fantastic this entire playoffs. I firmly believe if the Bruins had another guy in net they would have been gone in the second round.

Blog Entries

Argh. Gotta win four of five now.

Blog Entries

I'm pulling for the Bruins for obvious reasons. Pretty much everyone around me are Bruins fans. We had the pathetic Hartford Whalers for a while who left for Carolina a while back.

My Cape Breton Screaming Eagles had one of their worst seasons ever....

I thought the first two games were pretty even and I think Vancouver got lucky. The Bruins played well, no doubt about it. I think they'll win the next two in Boston.

Like Doc said, either Vancouver in six or the Bruins in seven.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Vancouver fans got awfully quiet all of a sudden.

EIGHT to ONE?

LMFAO!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I missed the game, but it doesn't sound like it was a very good game in some respects.

Three out of four in any case.

Blog Entries

Missed the game again. I'm not watching any more games! :-)

Two out of three.

Blog Entries

WOW

FOUR TO a big fat ZERO

Where's Mark been lately?

All tied up a 2 apiece!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information