Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2011

Blog Entries

Oh, okay so game five went to Vancouver 1-0 so back to Boston we go where they Canucks will get punished once again.

I still say Bruins in 7, they'll find a way to score in Vancouver on Wednesday and bring the cup back to Boston.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    WOW

FOUR TO a big fat ZERO

Where's Mark been lately?
    I was away again with limited access to the forums and missed this thread. Watched the game last night, and although it was low scoring it was a great game with a ton of hitting. I think this one is going to 7 games with a Vancouver victory on home ice. Neither team seems to be able to win on the road.

Mark

3. Default

I'm sticking with my original prediction. The Bruins win game six and Luongo folds under pressure in game seven.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Canucks win the cup tonight.

Mark

Figured I better beat CoventryCat86 to the punch. Canucks in 7!!

Mark

Blog Entries

Every game I don't watch or listen to, the Bruins win.

:-)

7. Default

Because I'm from New England, I'm genetically wired to hate the Habs. I've learned to hate the Canucks. What a classless bunch. They should learn to shut up and play the game on the ice. What happened to Luongo is proof there is a God.

Doc.
    Doc

FUCK YEA............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    As is usually the case with these things, injuries and a hot goalie will probably determine the winner.

Canucks are heavily favoured, but I don't think that the hockey gods have yet forgiven 1972.

My prediction: Bruins in 7, Tim Thomas MVP.
    People are going to blame Luongo, but you gotta score goals.

(btw, the fans were booing Bettman)
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

GO, GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!

Dropkick Murphys "Time To Go"! <<Clicky

The Cup is BACK IN TOWN!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-15-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    The Bruins are dear to me, but not dearer than money. I would bet no money on them. but if they stay in their system, something they were only able to do twice against the Bolts, and Kaberle shows up, they have a good chance. So my prediction is, if the Canucks don't do it in six, they lose in seven.

Doc.
    Doc

Blog Entries

self quoter...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I have never really had a chance to get into hockey, but I did touch the Stanley Cup once. I think it was in 2001. One of the players was riding his Harley around with the cup on the back, he stopped at a bar in my home town.

I should have kept my mouth shut. I know nothing about hockey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WIP View Post
    I have never really had a chance to get into hockey, but I did touch the Stanley Cup once. I think it was in 2001. One of the players was riding his Harley around with the cup on the back, he stopped at a bar in my home town.

I should have kept my mouth shut. I know nothing about hockey.
    Colorado won that year. Where was your hometown that year?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Been busy today so I'm a little late but GO BRUINS!
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Each member on the winning team gets Lord Stanley's mug for a day. It sees a lot of places during the off-season. :-)

Congrats to the better team. You deserve it Boston. As for Vancouver fans, you disgust me.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the various news sites. Major rioting by hooligans in downtown Vancouver last night.

Mark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Major rioting by hooligans in downtown Vancouver last night.
    That's okay. Here in the States, the winning team riots.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Congrats to the better team. You deserve it Boston. As for Vancouver fans, you disgust me.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the various news sites. Major rioting by hooligans in downtown Vancouver last night.

Mark
    I was going to ask about that... Seems to me that this is a repeat of a few years about. What's with Vancouver!!!!

I'm a huge Blackhawks fan - and was very upset when Vancouver took the series in 7 games from the Hawks (...although Chicago resisted the temptation to riot). But - Vancouver was the better team and the Hawks did not play to the level they needed to take that series.

That being said - Vancouver had PLENTY of chances and the Bruins fully deserve the Cup - they no doubt played their hearts out.

A big congrats to Boston!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I was going to ask about that... Seems to me that this is a repeat of a few years about. What's with Vancouver!!!!

I'm a huge Blackhawks fan - and was very upset when Vancouver took the series in 7 games from the Hawks (...although Chicago resisted the temptation to riot). But - Vancouver was the better team and the Hawks did not play to the level they needed to take that series.

That being said - Vancouver had PLENTY of chances and the Bruins fully deserve the Cup - they no doubt played their hearts out.

A big congrats to Boston!!!
    There are three kinds of Vancouver fans (the same kinds are everywhere, it is the proportions that make Vancouver what it is):
    1. The few real hockey fans, stuck with the 'nucks through thick and thin. Very few of these.
    2. Bandwagon fans, whenever the 'nucks get close, they jump on. They boo'd Canada in 1972, Bettman last night, and there are so many in Vancouver that the arena went quiet once the Bruins scored. Geez, when that happens you get your team pumped up by screaming your head off, not be freakin' quiet like you're in a morgue.
    3. The hooligans from Surrey (or whatever the low-income suburb is now) . Just there to cause destruction. Interestingly, social media might catch them this time - although they had balaclava's on.

Just my opinion.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information