Thread: Its been awhile

Default Its been awhile

Hey guys its been a long long time, I doubt any of you even remember me. That said I finally have a job again so this broke college kid can start smoking some of the wondrous tobaccos of the world again.

That said I just ordered a few thing from online so they should be here too. I got a free 20 ct humidor and i know its tiny but it was free so it will have to last for now.

I did have one question though. When I got the humidor my buddy also gave me some maker's mark infused cigar tubo. Its at least 2 years old but it has not been properly cared for (basically sitting in his basement not in a humidor or anything). I was wondering if the glass tube with wax seal actually keeps the humidity in the cigar so it'd still be good to smoke, or is it mostly for show and this thing is basically useless as of now?

EDIT: It dawned on me after I posted this that I didn't post much of a (re)intro. How rude.

Anyway, my name is Adam. I'm 20 and live in Philadelphia. I go to school in the city (Drexel). I have some experience smoking but not a ton. Over the past 2 years or so Ive been too broke/had too many expenses to smoke much so it was mostly here or there. However, before that I smoked roughly 1-2 a week to wind down a night and I miss that. Anything else you want to know feel free to ask.
    Last edited by debo08080; 04-12-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Well, I didn't know you back then, so it's nice to meet you now. Greetings to you from Eastern Washington State.

Welcome back.

The best way to know if the MM cigars are still smokeable is, well, to smoke 'em. Have a back-up ready if it's not good.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

I'd call it "basically useless".

Welcome again.

Blog Entries

How's it going, Adam? Glad to see you back around - long time.

Quote Originally Posted by debo08080 View Post
    I did have one question though. When I got the humidor my buddy also gave me some maker's mark infused cigar tubo. Its at least 2 years old but it has not been properly cared for (basically sitting in his basement not in a humidor or anything). I was wondering if the glass tube with wax seal actually keeps the humidity in the cigar so it'd still be good to smoke, or is it mostly for show and this thing is basically useless as of now?
    I suppose you'll never know unless you smoke one. I wouldn't put any infused cigar (wax seal/glass tube/whatever) in my main humidor. Especially one where it may be a challenge to get the humidity up again in it. Not sure how the physics of wax seals work in terms of humidification.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

No I was not planning on putting it in my humidor. I guess it can't hurt to try smoking it. Worst comes to worst I just light a new one. I'm not sure if i'lleven enjoy this but it was free ya know? As with many people here I'm not much one for infused cigars. But I love makers mark as a drink. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think of it.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome back! Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Thread Information