View Poll Results: Should we ban garryyjr?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bann garryyjr forever

33 94.29%
  • Give him a time out

2 5.71%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ban Poll for garryyjr

Thankfully, that's over. But I've never seen anyone who had to have .02 for everything, kept slitting his own throat with each any every post, and generally made it where I had no desire to read through any thread because of I got tired of every thread having this. Cutting me off while talking to you even if it's an IM is just the same as hanging up the phone. I don't like it when people hang up on me.

ggeise flushed, the cigars got lit, garry got banned, and there was much rejoicing. Man, for thinking you were a cool guy when I first met ya, you turned out to be one serious douche nozzle.

Doesn't matter, you're gone, I've still got FOGS to piss off, and all is right with the world.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    And there was much rejoicing
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Just another day at the office!

Indeed.

I have recently learned that as a new guy, that it's not my place to stick my beak into any controversies that take place in the forum, but I have to say- I'm glad this took place.

I was not affected by this dipshit's mooching/scamming firsthand, but I am glad to see the board take action on guys like this so his bullshit doesn't snowball into huge proportions. Other places wouldn't care, so to see this take place was refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by b.read View Post
    Indeed.

I have recently learned that as a new guy, that it's not my place to stick my beak into any controversies that take place in the forum, but I have to say- I'm glad this took place.

I was not affected by this dipshit's mooching/scamming firsthand, but I am glad to see the board take action on guys like this so his bullshit doesn't snowball into huge proportions. Other places wouldn't care, so to see this take place was refreshing.
    The beauty of a member moderated forum.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Indeed.

+2 Truer words couldn't have been spoken. I elected to not say a word and just let the chips fly as they may.

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    +2 Truer words couldn't have been spoken. I elected to not say a word and just let the chips fly as they may.

I'd hoped ggarrrryyyy would have seen the light and I was wrong about him. He didn't and I wasn't... In this case - it was fairly obvious from the start for most FOG's that gaaarrrryyy was was too intent with "ME!, ME!" and not enough with "WE".

I've never seen a meltdown as necessarily a bad thing. Oh - it's painful for a while - but it holds valuable lessons for all who are involved or are witness to what's happening.

The value of a "FOG" is not in the length of time they are around a community - it is the experience that they bring to the community. How does one gain experience? By being involved or witness to what's happening.

Unfortunately - most on this membership on this board have not been party to some of the incredible scams that have been masterminded by some crazy folks. In all cases - these scams start much like Mr. gggarrrrrryyy did. Not to say he would be in that class - but certainly if you do not have concern about your fellow board members, and are more concerned about what you get versus what you give - it's a potential recipe for disaster.

Safe travels, gggaaarrrryyyy...
    Last edited by ggiese; 04-27-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    I set up the page when I was in college (hence the college picture with a bandana). She found the password for the account and changed it. Trust me I would love to delete it unfortunately I do not have the password and she changed the email so that when I try and recover it, I don't get the emails anymore. She is twisted and needs help.

There's a way to solve that. Contact MySpace and explain it to them. They'll require you to send a photo of yourself holding a sign with your account number on it. I had to do this when shitball Eric Turner (aka TBSCigars) created a fake MySpace page using my name. Once I did that, the MySpace folks took care of everything.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Very well put George, very well put indeed.
    Last edited by MrPlatypus; 04-27-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Cause I wanted to edit. :)

Blog Entries

I set up the page when I was in college (hence the college picture with a bandana). She found the password for the account and changed it. Trust me I would love to delete it unfortunately I do not have the password and she changed the email so that when I try and recover it, I don't get the emails anymore. She is twisted and needs help.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    There's a way to solve that. Contact MySpace and explain it to them. They'll require you to send a photo of yourself holding a sign with your account number on it. I had to do this when shitball Eric Turner (aka TBSCigars) created a fake MySpace page using my name. Once I did that, the MySpace folks took care of everything.
    I am not a lawyer.

I am NOT a lawyer.

This is not legal advice.

This is NOT legal advice.

But it would seem to me that whoever has posted that on your social media site, if you claim it wasn't you, has made a rather strong accusation. It would seem to me, in my non-legal-knowing ways, that you could potentially have a defamation suit against her for libel (or slander, I can't remember which is which, I think libel is print). Again, I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

I'm just thinking, should you ever try to get a job, and anyone looks you up on a social media website, this post might raise a red flag.

Just my non-legal 0.02, which isn't even worth that, because I am not a lawyer, and I just didn't give you any legal advice.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

That is some good legal advice that Mark just gave you Tachy, you should listen to him (he's a lawyer).
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    That is some good legal advice that Mark just gave you Tachy, you should listen to him (he's a lawyer).
    ACK! For bad legal advice from a real lawyer, tune in.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I've actually already pursued legal action against her for several of the other events that she has done. The interesting thing was that because it was online, the courts systems can't do anything (says the lawyer) because I can't prove that it was actually her. This is the same sort of thing that I encountered when I tried to get a restraining order against her. Because she threatened me in text messages, they couldn't do anything because she could claim that she lost her phone and someone else did it.

I really like the idea of contact myspace though, I think that I'm going to do that today and discuss how to get this page completely removed! Thanks for the good advice!
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

Tachy, my understanding of the system is that your lawyer half lied to you--the court systems can do something, but it's going to run up considerable legal bills to do all the work to prove that it was her. You would have to go through all the hoops of getting a supeana for her phone records, and checking them against normal phone activity during the times of the harassing phone messages, and preparing this for an argument in court, and all the legal hoops her attorney would make you go through, etc. etc. etc.

Same thing for myspace--they should have IP logs of who logged into the accounts, and you could pull this information eventually, but it's quite a lot of work to get all the records made available to you.

If it's worth the considerable amount of legal fees that it would take to get it done, you may want to find another attorney to consult with, but you may want to just contact myspace to get the specific profile taken down.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~Seneca

Men of genius are admired; men of wealth are envied; men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted.

Live the poetry that you cannot write; let others write the poetry they dare not realize. ~Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiates View Post
    you may want to just contact myspace to get the specific profile taken down.
    I've actually already taken this advice and contacted myspace, the process was actually relatively easy and hopefully they respond quickly!

I appreciate the advice that everyone has given me on this.

ADDED:

So this was some ironic timing. Last night at the local bar I happened to met the civil courts judge for the City that I'm working in. I asked him about this situation and his response was interesting. Yes, I can technically bring her to court for defamation of character. The issue would be that there needs to be a monetary sum that I can attach and prove I lost because of it. So, the way it sits right now, there was no monetary damage because of what she wrote. Now on the other hand, if I did not get offered a job opportunity because of it I could take her to court for any bonus and annual salary difference that I had lost. He recommended that the easiest thing to do (since it hasn't effected me financially) is to just get the page taken down and not worry about it. He also said that I would have to provide the courts (and through the courts, her) with contact information including address, phone number, place of employment and a couple of other items that I really don't want to do regardless!
    Last edited by TachyCoventry; 04-28-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

I've actually already pursued legal action against her for several of the other events that she has done. The interesting thing was that because it was online, the courts systems can't do anything (says the lawyer) because I can't prove that it was actually her. This is the same sort of thing that I encountered when I tried to get a restraining order against her. Because she threatened me in text messages, they couldn't do anything because she could claim that she lost her phone and someone else did it.

I really like the idea of contact myspace though, I think that I'm going to do that today and discuss how to get this page completely removed! Thanks for the good advice!
    Hard to believe that a lawyer would not understand, but...

It seems to me that one would be able to obtain the access logs from the social website - which would contain (amongst other things) the IP address of the accesses that had been made to the account. That IP address should lead directly to the location the posts were made - which (theoretically) could lead to the person responsible for the posts... Honestly - I believe there's a better than even chance you'd at least be able to create a "more likely than not" argument it was coming from the ex.

Is it easy? Nope. Will it "cost" to get to that level of detail? Yep. But - then - how much is your reputation worth to you?

To earlier points in this thread - if prospective employers are looking at social website postings linked to you for an understanding of who you are and what you're about - I'd say (in my opinion) it would be worthwhile to knock the ex off of her high horse.

Just sayin'

Thread Information