Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
I've actually already pursued legal action against her for several of the other events that she has done. The interesting thing was that because it was online, the courts systems can't do anything (says the lawyer) because I can't prove that it was actually her. This is the same sort of thing that I encountered when I tried to get a restraining order against her. Because she threatened me in text messages, they couldn't do anything because she could claim that she lost her phone and someone else did it.

I really like the idea of contact myspace though, I think that I'm going to do that today and discuss how to get this page completely removed! Thanks for the good advice!
Hard to believe that a lawyer would not understand, but...

It seems to me that one would be able to obtain the access logs from the social website - which would contain (amongst other things) the IP address of the accesses that had been made to the account. That IP address should lead directly to the location the posts were made - which (theoretically) could lead to the person responsible for the posts... Honestly - I believe there's a better than even chance you'd at least be able to create a "more likely than not" argument it was coming from the ex.

Is it easy? Nope. Will it "cost" to get to that level of detail? Yep. But - then - how much is your reputation worth to you?

To earlier points in this thread - if prospective employers are looking at social website postings linked to you for an understanding of who you are and what you're about - I'd say (in my opinion) it would be worthwhile to knock the ex off of her high horse.

Just sayin'