Thread: Let's Talk MMA

1. Default Let's Talk MMA

Anyone watch and/or train MMA (mixed martial arts) ? If so, where do you train

What're your predictions for UFC 129 this weekend?

These are my picks for the main card:
    GSP
    Jose Aldo
    Machida
    Mark Bocek

No predictions on the UFC card.

I was slow to catch on to MMA, intitially finding it brutal. My youngest brother has been doing MMA for the last 10 years. He had his face bashed in pretty bad a few years back and had to have steel plates inserted as basically half of his face. Consequently, he was told not to fight again.

So he went through some rough times and made a huge comeback. My bro has been on a terror over the last year, becoming quite the local superstar with TV spots and sponsors up the yahzoo etc. in one of the largest fight scenes in the country. He has been approached about moving up to UFC and may be going to Japan this summer on some MMA tour. He is the lead instructor at West Side Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Ogden and the current state champion in the feather-weight division. I am very proud of him.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

3. Default

MMA has evolved so much since it first started. It's no longer two bar/street fighters locked in a cage anymore. These are highly trained, extremely will powered and disciplined martial artists. These guys train 3-4 times a day, 6 days/week, sweating out blood, training 'til they break their own will and then finding the motivation to push it for another 10 miles is something only ones who truly have love and passion for the sport can do.

That really is a great comeback for your brother slcraiders, congrats to him. Are there any of his fights on YouTube?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    had to have steel plates inserted as basically half of his face.
    Sounds to me like cheating!

Thread Information