Well the humidor I bought off EBay arrived today. Looks like a very nice unit and it is made by Cuban Crafter's. Going to season it over the next week or so before I put my cigars in it. Based on the advice of the members here, I purchased the HF beads and a digital hygrometer to replace the one that comes installed on the humidor. Looks like the one on the humidor is off by about 8% which is pretty good compared to a lot of the ones I have seen.

Had a bit of an issue with the seller (they shipped using the wrong service) which ended up costing me some money in brokerage fees (fucking UPS). However, they acknowledged their mistake and are sending me a cutter of my choice, some humidifier solution, and a partial refund on my shipping as a peace offering. I thought that was a stand up thing to do on their part.

In terms of seasoning, I have read both do's and don’ts with respect to wiping the inside down with distilled water. I have chosen to take my time with the seasoning process and just let the beads do their job on their own with a few pieces of soaked cedar also helping to add a bit of moisture. Once the humidor has stabilized, I will add my cigars a few at a time. Currently my cigars are resting in a different humidor I borrowed from my brother-in-law. I'll post a pic in the other thread.

Cheers,

Mark