Thread: In the morning

Blog Entries

Default In the morning

I would love to smoke a bowl with my coffee...but, the blends I currently have (nightcap...965....c/d burley flake #4) are simply too strong for me in the morning.

What do you guys smoke with your coffee? I'm even thinking of trying, gasp, aromatics.

Blog Entries

The Dunhill early morning pipe blend I find pretty tasty, and I'll admit, I enjoy the aromatics, the Lane 1-q and rlp-6 I tend to reach for quite often. Shoot me your addy & I can send you out a lil' sampler if you'd like.

x 2 on the Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. Davidoff Scottish Mixture is pretty easy going in the morning. I also enjoy light aromatics like Boswell's X-mas cookie to start the day...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

4. Default

Give Murdocks Pipe from McCrainies a try for a bit lighter blend with latakia. It's a Scottish type blend, lots of good virginias, not too much latakia, and some black cavendish to mellow it out and sweeten it up a bit.
    A well defined problem is already half solved.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys....I've had the Lane 1Q, and wasn't inclined to pick up any more. IIRC, too sweet for my taste....but maybe I should revisit.

I'll look for the Dunhill and rlp6 on my next trip to the b/m.

In my extremely limited experience, I've enjoyed Chelsea Morning in the a.m. with some black coffee.

7. Default

+1 for Chelsea Morning. GLP has english blends down to a science, something for everyone's palate.
    A well defined problem is already half solved.

8. Default

Try some McBarens Golden Extra...It's a straight burly about medium in strength. It smokes really well in a cob and complements a cup of coffee nicely.

When I used to smoke my pipes I liked the Sunset Breeze by Peterson. But it does have a amaretto smell to it.....

That reminds me I need to check on the old pipes when I get home.....

Thread Information